PDA

View Full Version : 99 on the button 1-2 hit my set on all diamond board

jsmith5
08-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I am dealt 99 on the button with $200 in front of me. There is a min-raise UTG and 3 callers. Sometimes I like to isolate with this hand, but I just sat down at the table. With that many limpers I usually like to play for set-value.

Basically most of the players in this hand have me covered.

Any thoughts on this preflop?

Now, on to the flop (with 6 players for a total of $24):

9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to short stack of $9.50 in cutoff who bets $4.

Your move?

fireman664
08-10-2005, 01:11 PM
pot bet (or slightly overpot it $30 ish?)....take away odds for the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's to draw, and if the flush is already out there, you still have alot of outs.

08-10-2005, 01:24 PM
I raise 3 or 4X the CO raise. You are in a real solid position at this point, and aggression will most likely help take this pot down. For any callers left in the hand, I push any non diamond turn. Even if you are up against a made flush, you still have many outs.

j0wlev
08-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I like making it $12~$16 to go, intice some calls that might think you only have TPGK into thinking there a coin-flip on the flop with the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif...

Aggression seems like an alright play, but I like putting in a sweet action raise, to build a nice pot. If someone spikes a diamond on the turn, then your done. I feel anyone cold-calling with a diamond will check a flush behind hoping to create the illusion it's not there.

I pick aggresion if I have TPTK or GK not with a hand as powerful as a set.