PDA

View Full Version : ITM hand, limped in w J10, flopped st8...

pokerlaw
08-10-2005, 12:47 PM
2 table tourney, so we are ITM.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t14885)
BB (t3632)
UTG (t4956)
Hero (t3527)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t200, Hero calls t200, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t775) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, BB calls t200, UTG calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, SB calls t1000, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t3575) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??

therock
08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I like the flop raise. You got a card you did not want to see on the turn, but I would still go ahead and push because I don't think your 2100 stack is going to do you a ton of good at this point in the tournament.

I would also fold pre-flop.

Matt R.
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I think he has the flush virtually every time here, and if not the flush then a boat. The best you can hope for is that he's playing trip 8's like this. No reads? I'd fold and hate it. Calling pretty much commits you to calling a river bet, so I'd conserve the 2100 you have left.

Although he does have a huge stack, and could be trying to push you off of the hand when a scare card hits. I think this is more likely at the higher buy-ins, so I think a read is pretty important here. Unless he's this type of player, I think you're drawing dead almost always here. And he doesn't seem like the tricky type of player based on his bet sizes (more like a calling station).

Edit: I really don't think he has the boat actually.... His bet size tells me he has the flush or an 8. The flush seems way more likely though as I doubt he'd min-bet into 4 people and call a big raise with bottom pair. I think you could argue a call or a push if he's a total donk, but I still think the flush is more likely.

willbb99
08-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I think you need to push here. You should be playing for first place and you wouldn't be playing for first if you fold to the possibility of being against a flush or full house. He's not desperate for chips but taking down this pot would help immensely and let you do some bullying.

pokerlaw
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he has the flush virtually every time here, and if not the flush then a boat. The best you can hope for is that he's playing trip 8's like this. No reads? I'd fold and hate it. Calling pretty much commits you to calling a river bet, so I'd conserve the 2100 you have left.

Although he does have a huge stack, and could be trying to push you off of the hand when a scare card hits. I think this is more likely at the higher buy-ins, so I think a read is pretty important here. Unless he's this type of player, I think you're drawing dead almost always here. And he doesn't seem like the tricky type of player based on his bet sizes (more like a calling station).

Edit: I really don't think he has the boat actually.... His bet size tells me he has the flush or an 8. The flush seems way more likely though as I doubt he'd min-bet into 4 people and call a big raise with bottom pair. I think you could argue a call or a push if he's a total donk, but I still think the flush is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice analysis - i pretty much felt he had a flush. of course, i pushed nonetheless, hahaha. he had 7/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif

jedinite
08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

T1400 in the pot and you bet T1200. IMO you're asking for someone to draw out with the flush. I push here for 3x the pot and am happy to take it down or have one person make an FTP error here

TheSalche
08-10-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

nice analysis - i pretty much felt he had a flush. of course, i pushed nonetheless, hahaha. he had 7/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gross

John Hurst
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Classic situation - You are either way ahead or way behind. If you push the only hand that calls that is behind is trips. I call the turn and reevaluate on the river.