PDA

View Full Version : KK on an AAx flop.... my line?

flopking
08-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Last hand of night... Solid table. Nothing spectacular, standard weak-tight table... people bet their hands...

Stack sizes of the players involved are approximately equal ~1 full buy-in

0.10-0.25 NL 10-Handed...

Hero is in BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 raises to 0.50
UTG+2 calls 0.50
MP+1 calls 0.50
MP+3 calls 0.50
folds to me in BB, (pot size $2.35)

Obviously I kicked in a raise here, wanted enough to drive out a weak ace, maybe even take it down here most of the time... but ideally wanted to get it down to HU or 3-handed at worst...

Hero raises to $3

UTG+1 calls 2.50
UTG+2 calls 2.50
MP+1 calls 2.50
MP+2 calls 2.50

Worst possible situation... but you get this kind of BS at low stakes. I raise only to be flat called by 4 players.. on the other hand, I figure I have any strong/weak ace further dominated as probably 1 or more players holds Ax...

Pot is now $15

Flop is A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

Bad flop multi-way for KK. I bet out $6 here, on the off chance nobody has tripped up... I saw no need to put in a larger bet, as at this point I am either WA/WB and this bet should either take it down or will get called, in which case I am toast.

Folds to MP+2, who calls. I cannot see this dude calling/trapping with anything less than 33 or Ax... so I'm pretty much done here...

Turn is a brick... I give up here and check/fold to a weakish size bet $10, but would have pretty much put me AI. Seemed like he wanted a call, so I just folded.

Looking back, my pfr was a bit weak... figured a pot-sized bet would definately clear out the junk, but I was probably up against 2/3 lower PPs who called for set value and an ace-rag suited, etc...

djoyce003
08-10-2005, 12:01 PM
i usually reraise a lot more out of the blinds with AA or KK. I don't really care if everyone knows what I have at this point. i don't want to play the hand out of position and I am happy to take down the limped money. I'd have probably raised to $5 or so.

flopking
08-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Agreed. Pfr needs to be stronger OOP. Then again, most people at the table were folding to a pfr, so I figured 3 would do the trick.

yvesaint
08-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Pre-flop raise seems find, I might even make it $4. When you get 4 callers like that though ... I check/fold the flop. Call me weak-tight, but at that level, one of them has the ace, and the times that no one does, you don't make enough for it to cover when you do run into the ace.