PDA

View Full Version : Some hands for discussion

Raemius
08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
This is a single live table tournament, down to the last 4 out of 12. Top 3 pay. Starting chips 5000 per person

Hand 1....
----------
Chips:
Me(UTG): ~24,000
Button: ~3000
SB:~22,000
BB: ~11,000

Blinds are 400/800

I'm in UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif-9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I limp in. button calls, sb folds, BB checks.

Flop 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Button is a very tight but solid player.

What is your move here?

Looking back, 4 handed I should have raised pre-flop to represent strength. Then I'm thinking I should have bet this flop, about 1/2 the pot, what I actually did was check, Button pushed and I called with an open ended straight draw (stupid!).

Hand 2....
----------
Chips:
Me: ~22,000
SB: ~8000
BB:~18,000
UTG: ~12,000

Blinds 400/800

I'm on the button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG limps
I raise to 2400, folds to UTG, who goes all-in.
He's a solid player.
Call or fold?

Hand 3....
----------
Chips:
Me: ~20,000
Button: ~10000
SB:~14,000
BB: ~16,000

Blinds 400/800

I'm UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I raise to 2400, folds to BB, who goes all-in.

He's gone all in several times the past few hands, but is a solid player.

Call or fold?

Maulik
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
#1 I'd be the bully and push him in
#2 not raise
#3 push/call

Raemius
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Why shoudnt I raise a PP 4 handed? do I wait for a raise behind me and just call?

mlagoo
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Don't limp PF four handed.

Raise hand 1. Fold to a push by anyone other than the Button.

On the flop, definitely bet out. 2/3 pot, whatever.

Second hand I like ok, I fold after his push.

3rd hand is really a pickle. I make the same raise and I THINK I fold to the push.

alexd231232
08-10-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why shoudnt I raise a PP 4 handed? do I wait for a raise behind me and just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. I like the raise, its not too much. You can still get out when you face that rereaise which i would do in this case, just lay it down and wait for a better spot

jedinite
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
1) I generally bet the flop agressively here with the OESD and the flush redraw, 2/3rd the pot or even the pot as a bully. I agree on raising pre-flop with this hand in retrospect, which would increased your fold equity when betting out on the flop .

2) Personally I fold to the re-raise from UTG with the sixes every time. At best you're a coinflip, at worst you're dominated. I might not raise this hand as big preflop to the limper, given that you're mostly likely facing the two largest stacks at the table (the BB and the limper obviously), but maybe I'm just playing weak here. .

3) I don't like putting my tournament at risk on the bubble with AJo to someone i've earmarked as a solid player who happens to be #2 in chips. A lot of it depends if I'm more concerned about maximizing EV per hand (i.e. a online SNG where I'm playing a lot of these scenarios I push here) or if I'm more concerned about an hourly rate (i.e. B&M where this single table has taken a big chunk of my time and bubbling out is a much bigger letdown). I'd believe the push here is +EV but my instinct is to fold here and pick a better spot to risk most of my stack.

Raemius
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
The call with the A-J offsuit felt like a mistake.. and it was. He shows A-Q suited.

I think it's strong as an opener, but shrinks up to any reraise. I should know I am dominated by A-K, A-Q, or any pocket pair. However, I dont want to tighten up too much on the bubble, so that what makes these hands tough.