PDA

View Full Version : Hello. I'm AA Suited, and I try to push people of hands

AA suited
08-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone.

I fell off the wagon, and am back to abusing FPS again (specifially Stop n Go vs min raisers, and PVS).

and on top of that, i started trying to push people off hands with my bigger stack when a scare card hits on the river. ($55 SnGs)

All this and no reads.

If i succeed, i usually win the tourny. if i fail, i lose alot of chips and usually dont make ITM.

All those 1st make me feel good, so i keep abusing even though it sacrifices my ITM. My ROI has actually gone up a couple of %, thus re-enforcing the habit.

waiting for my next fix...

Unarmed
08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
What level are you at?
This *barely* works at the 109s...

rybones
08-10-2005, 10:51 AM
At what blind level do you start to make such moves? And, is there a point at which you stop such moves (i.e. with less than 4 bb or more than 20 bb)?

Just wondering?

Ryan

AA suited
08-10-2005, 12:25 PM
rybones:

(To answer your PM about PVS/Stop N Go.)

pvs:
if i'm under 800 chips, it's lvl3, i'm a blind, and there's at least 2 limpers, i raise to 200 chips with any 2. if called, i go all in no matter what flops.

if i'm under 800 chips, it's lvl4, i'm a blind, and there are no raisers, i go all in.

stop N go vs min raisers:
to me, min raisers either have Ax, a steal attempt w/garbabge, or power (aq+, JJ+).

doing a blind defense and going all-in preflop with any 2 means 2 of the 3 will call. (yes, even at the 55's, an idiot with Ax will call more often than not.)

with a stop N go, you get 2.5 of the 3 to fold.

- the guys w/garbage will fold, unless he gets lucky w/top pair. if he hits it, that's poker.
- Ax will fold. if an ace flops, oh well, thats also poker. (and remember, he might also have garbage and is just as afraid of that Ace as you are.)
- Now i say 2.5 of the 3 will fold because most of the time the idiots misplaying aq/ak with a min raise will fold if they only have overcards. (obviosly, jj+ will call.)

I'm not so sure my kamikazee implementation of PVS is correct, since if you fail, you;re out.

For Stop N Go, it's not the 200 chips you win from the villian, but rather it's about protecting your blind from min raisers (for a while).

And the reason for my thread is that i dont know if any of it is correct. my ITM is suffering, but my ROI is higher during that time frame. but it's a small sample of under 150 SnGs, so variance could also account for the higher ROI.

rybones
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks!!! great answer.

Ryan

AA suited
08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Any other comments about my Stop n Go, or the kamikazee PVS?

shejk
08-11-2005, 11:00 AM
The few percent higher roi can probably be safely ignored for 150 sngs.

I think the key here is the word abuse.

Myself, I abuse the "check/call flop check/raise turn with garbage"-move. It's a great feeling when they fold!