PDA

View Full Version : Poker Plex will now get all of my play

Tenacious A
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Great news...Just in case you haven't seen the email yet...Whoever plays the most hands this Friday and Saturday at Poker Plex receives a free.....pen????? I wasn't sure that I wanted to play thousands of hands at Plex this weekend, but they cleared that up by saying "The fountain-pen is simply a must have".

How great would it be if poker rooms began offering better and better incentives to encourage play at their site...think what could be next...perhaps some scotch tape.

I think I'll play at Party and swipe a pen from the supply cabinet at work.

mcozzy1
08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I wasn't sure if that e-mail was a joke or serious.

That's very generous of them. If you generate $2000 in rake for us this weekend, we'll hook you up with a pen.

Man, that would be a bummer to finish second in that race; to put in all that time and hard work and come up just short of the golden prize.

CrazyN8
08-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I think it blinks on the end......well, that's what it looked like. If that's the case, then I'm in!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patchmaster
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy. Those in the former group will appreciate that the Montblanc Star Walker fountain pen being given away by Poker Plex retails for over $350. (The only specific quote I could find was from a UK dealer at £205, which is $367 at current exchange rates.)

Tapin
08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the two groups you're going with, eh? Personally, I'd leave a little more room for shades of grey -- I'll spend up to four dollars on a pen, y'know?

Kidding (mostly) aside, how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

Mike Haven
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Please let me know if this is spam or criticism so I can delete or not.

CrazyN8
08-10-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please let me know if this is spam or criticism so I can delete or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sensing lots of sarcasm (in the other post - not sure about yours) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrazyN8
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The world is divided into two groups: those who understand and love fountain pens and those who think anyone who spends more than $1.98 on a pen is crazy. Those in the former group will appreciate that the Montblanc Star Walker fountain pen being given away by Poker Plex retails for over $350. (The only specific quote I could find was from a UK dealer at £205, which is $367 at current exchange rates.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a nice fountain pen (and I have a few - thanks to my mom) and all but playing 48+ hrs of poker to get one is not really what I had in mind. If you already had plans for this then it's win/win.

Tenacious A
08-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi Mike,
Feel free to do with this thread as I did with the email I received from Poker Plex---delete. I fear that this raging fountain pen vs. bic debate could get deadly and I want no blood on my hands.

I'm not sure if your query was a joke, but I must really suck at spamming if that's what this is. Unless you think it's reverse spam--trying to get people to avoid Plex. If my sarcasm missed its mark that badly, then by all means delete.

TA

P.S. Patchmaster, I bet you use the two-ply toilet paper, don't you?

P.P.S. If you're paying $1.98 for a pen, you're gettting ripped off.

Mike Haven
08-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Clever.

I think I won't delete it; then no one will know if I think it's spam, reverse spam, or criticism.

(No one except Granny, that is, of course.)

PS - Is Poker Plex a poker site?

Patchmaster
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a nice fountain pen (and I have a few - thanks to my mom) and all but playing 48+ hrs of poker to get one is not really what I had in mind. If you already had plans for this then it's win/win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just trying to point out that Poker Plex is really giving away something of value. I have several expensive (by my standards) fountain pens, but even I would have to agree this is a questionable gift for online poker players. Besides, if they're going to spring for a $350 pen, why not go a hundred or so more and give away a Waterman Edson, widely regarded as the best fountain pen available.

Tenacious A
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]
nh. I don't usually laugh out loud at posts.

Just wish I could have been in the meeting at Plex headquarters..."Dammit, Johnson...you sent that email to the poker players? That pen was supposed to go be the door prize at the Ben Franklin convention". Meanwhile, at the B. Franklin meeting...man in powdered wig says, "What the blank am I going to do with this 2001FP. I haven't even invented electricity yet."

Rudbaeck
08-10-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kidding (mostly) aside, how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the day!

Equal
08-10-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how big do you think the overlap is on a Venn diagram with two circles: "People who like ridiculously overpriced pens" and "People willing to multitable online poker for 48 hours straight"?

[/ QUOTE ]
nh. I don't usually laugh out loud at posts.

Just wish I could have been in the meeting at Plex headquarters..."Dammit, Johnson...you sent that email to the poker players? That pen was supposed to go be the door prize at the Ben Franklin convention". Meanwhile, at the B. Franklin meeting...man in powdered wig says, "What the blank am I going to do with this 2001FP. I haven't even invented electricity yet."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL@both these posts!

theblitz
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, that would be a bummer to finish second in that race; to put in all that time and hard work and come up just short of the golden prize.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't second prize a pencil?

Tapin
08-10-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just any pencil: A really, really nice pencil.

CaptSensible
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd place gets an eraser

MrX
08-10-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif you are killing me

X

Patchmaster
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS - Is Poker Plex a poker site?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's one of the Cryptos. The one that has clearly misjudged the sophistication of its clientele.

USCSigma1097
08-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I just just imagine the brainstorming that took place during the Poker Plex meeting

Poker Plex CEO: Ok gentlemen...Thanks for coming...We need to generate a large amount of play this weekend...So our boys in marketing have decided to give away a large prize. I will now open up the floor to suggestions
Guy Number One: Well, poker players as a whole tend to be males, age 18-35. Let's make sure we take this into consideration
Guy Number Two: Good point...What do guys our age like to do?
Guy Number One: Well, they like to drink, talk to girls, play video games, Fight, Play Sports..Etc...
G.N.T.: Ok...ok...So our gift needs to have something to do with that....Hmmm...How about a mini-fridge to put next to your computer to put beer and hot pockets in???
G.N.O.: Awesome Idea...Or how about Three Nights at the Wynn in LV...Saying your staying at the Wynn makes the panties drop on most girls...
G.N.T.: Yes, that is also a good idea.
Poker Plex CEO: Gentlemen, although your ideas are good, I have the winner. I think you'll agree that this is the bee's knees. How about we buy a 350 dollar pen and give that away?!?!?!?! Johnson, send out the email immediately. Make the Subject "Is the Pen truly mightier that the Sword??? Play 13,000 hands this weekend at Poker Plex and FIND OUT!!!!!"
Guy Number One: Ok Boss, I'll get right on that...And right after that I'll post my resume on Monster because you're a [censored] moron.
CEO: What was that?
Guy Number One: Nothing sir, I said I'll get that email out right away.

wmspringer
08-10-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

P.P.S. If you're paying $1.98 for a pen, you're gettting ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I have a $9 pen!

(Of course, it's also a highlighter and a stylus....and I used a coupon /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Reef
08-11-2005, 12:32 AM
does the pen come with a BJ from a brazilian supermodel?

MicroBob
08-11-2005, 01:49 AM
The bee's knees??

LargeCents
08-11-2005, 03:57 AM
I've got to start reading my PokerPlex emails, instead of letting them rot in my junk email folder. Very entertaining.

theben
08-11-2005, 09:51 AM
sweet! a pen. whats next? a post-it?

poker-penguin
08-11-2005, 09:56 AM
It's a very nice post it.

Tenacious A
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Just got a PM from Gigabet. He's offering me 2:1 up to $50k that he will win the pen.

Art Vandelay
08-11-2005, 12:23 PM
If it were one of those astronaut pens like Jack Clompus had in Seinfeld I'd be all over it.

Mizzles
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'll play at Party and swipe a pen from the supply cabinet at work

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!!!

rwanger
08-11-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually laughed so hard I cried when I read this.

Then I made my boss come over to my desk, and he was doubled over saying "I think that's the f'ing funniest thing I've ever read".

And now I'm spent. Sometimes, we need to just let it all out.