PDA

View Full Version : Hello! A,K high flush on 5th when...

SittingBull
03-22-2003, 11:12 AM
the Bull was 2-bet by a tight unimaginative senior lady after observing the Bull's 3 diamonds .
Hmmm /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif How should the Bull proceed on 5th??
just wondering
SittingBull

Fraubump
03-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Jam. If she's got trips her odds are about 30% of improving. 2 Pair is only about 17%. You have the best of it. Slow down if her board pairs.

SittingBull
03-22-2003, 06:48 PM
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

J'adoube
03-25-2003, 03:19 AM
Don't you think the play of the hand, the folded cards, and the player in question
are needed to give a reasonable answer to this question?

SittingBull
03-25-2003, 12:59 PM
When the Senior Lady paired her doorcard,she raised my bet after observing my 3-flush. She is not a tricky player. She was folding many 3rd Str. hands. Therefore,she was playing rather tight.
All her cards were live. I have not seen her bluffing once during the session . She does respect my play.
I can't remember what the play of the hand on the earlier Strs. was . Neither do I remember what the exposed cards were.
Given the sparse information,what would be your "instinct" as to how I should proceed with my hand on 5th AFTER she raised?? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Allan
03-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Given your description it sounds like you should fold.

Allan

Andy B
03-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Larry,

As usual, you don't give us a whole lot to go on. How many people were in the pot? How much money? How had the betting progressed before then? And how did she come to raise? Her board was higher than yours. Did she check-raise? Was there a higher pair that checked to you?

Anyway, while I only fold a couple of flushes a year, it sounds like you have a fold here.

SittingBull
03-26-2003, 05:37 PM
beautiful(my A,k high flush),that i fell in live with her! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

SittingBull
03-26-2003, 05:50 PM
beautiful...(my A,K high flush), I hugged and kissed her on 5th,6th and 7th Strs.
/forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Sorry about the lack of info. However,I provided what I believed was sufficient for U to arrive at an accurate
answer. I know that U are a creative player. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Happy pokering,
SittingBull

Allan
03-30-2003, 02:47 AM
managed to spell my name wrong yet again. This after you posted on 10/24/02 that you were sorry for spelling it wrong. I don't know how you play stud with your memory /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Allan

SittingBull
03-31-2003, 12:44 PM
1/5 no ante stud game make MORE mistakes than I do--although I too make quite a # of mistakes.
One of them is NOT remembering ALL folded cards.
BTW,do U accent the "AL" or the "LAN" in your name??
Just wondering
SittingBull