PDA

View Full Version : How much to hold out?

Lawrence Ng
08-10-2005, 03:43 AM
This got me thinking..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And I am a virgin.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine how much money you would have if this was true!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say you are 20 years old and have never had sex. A decent looking average woman comes along and offers you a sum of money to be your first. However, she doesn't want it now, she wants it when you are 28. The deal is you cannot have sex with any other women (or man, dog, horse, pig, whatever creature with an orifice) at all. Masturbation is of course allowed.

How much would she have to pay you up front for you to accept the deal?

pokerdirty
08-10-2005, 03:50 AM
(pinkie to mouth) one hundred trillion dollars!

The Goober
08-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Your numbers are way, way too low. Going abstinent through your 20s would have a huge impact on your life. 15 grand doesn't even buy a fancy car - the amount of money would have to be seriously life-changing. I think it would have to be enough to make me independantly weathly.

AsiaKurosawa
08-10-2005, 04:10 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Your numbers are way, way too low. Going abstinent through your 20s would have a huge impact on your life. 15 grand doesn't even buy a fancy car - the amount of money would have to be seriously life-changing. I think it would have to be enough to make me independantly weathly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes so much sense. im 27 and have so much less sex (and possibilities for sex) than early 20's. you'd totally be missing out on some formative stuff.

wacki
08-10-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would have to be enough to make me independantly weathly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or buy a supermodel a day for the rest of your life.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-10-2005, 04:12 AM
I don't think I could do it. So it does not matter.

LargeCents
08-10-2005, 04:19 AM
What a bizarre scenario.

How did you come up with it?

Stuey
08-10-2005, 04:45 AM
This got me thinking..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And I am a virgin.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine how much money you would have if this was true!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good chance whoever said that was just trying to make themselves look cool at your expense and they are the pathetic one. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[censored]
08-10-2005, 04:59 AM
200k is where it starts, enough to buy a house.

Sykes
08-10-2005, 05:07 AM
10 million.

Serious answer.

Mason Hellmuth
08-10-2005, 05:15 AM
This means that I would have sex, guaranteed, at some point in my life? And with a decent-looking average woman?

I don't know why she thinks she has to pay!

08-10-2005, 05:16 AM
you're saying this lady will have real, live sex with me?

Los Feliz Slim
08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I try and negotiate her down to 1 year and $100,000 cash. Maybe we end up at 2 years, $250,000 or so. Maybe I'd go 3 for $1,000,000. 8 years, no way.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-10-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where are you buying a house for $200k?

touchfaith
[ QUOTE ]
this makes so much sense. im 27 and have so much less sex (and possibilities for sex) than early 20's. you'd totally be missing out on some formative stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be your huckleberry /images/graemlins/grin.gif Nobody should have to be 27, look like you, and have limited possibilities for sex and I am willing to help.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheMainEvent
This whole question is kinda strange. It should really just be an issue of how much money you'd need to not have sex for 8 years. The fact that you get to sleep with some freak one time 8 years from now doesn't really change things much and is just confusing the issue.

TheMainEvent
08-10-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the country?

Yeti
08-10-2005, 11:00 AM
$5k? WTF? Are you on the same planet as everyone else?

FouTight
08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
i would take the deal at a very low sum of money with this thought...

I'm not too concerned about actually completing the 8 years, I'm going to try to have sex. If for some reason, I fail at this for 8 years, then, I get $10k or whatever, but not enough to make me not want to have sex.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm in for $5k.

TheMainEvent
08-10-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not too concerned about actually completing the 8 years, I'm going to try to have sex. If for some reason, I fail at this for 8 years, then, I get $10k or whatever, but not enough to make me not want to have sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

FourKing Hell
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(pinkie to mouth) one hundred trillion dollars!

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Who voted 5K???

FouTight
08-10-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I would, in fact, call this "No game insurance".

where as, it would at least help me justify not getting laid if that were to happen, but I would much rather have the bonin'

meep_42
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I was thinking in a whole different ballpark than you.

-d

M2d
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Um, if she's [ QUOTE ]
A decent looking average woman

[/ QUOTE ] now, then in 8 years...?

HopeydaFish
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would take the deal at a very low sum of money with this thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

You might as well not even accept the offer at all, then. What kind of a loser would you have to be to not be able to score for 8 years when you are actively trying to have sex? I mean, perhaps if you were hideously deformed or something, but even the ugliest guys can score at least once in 8 years.

HopeydaFish
08-10-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm thinking $1 million. Anything less and I might have been inclined to violate the agreement if a hot enough chick were to offer me sex.

I was also much hornier back when I was 20, so this would definitely factor into my chances of success. I'm thinking I'd have had to "clean the pipes" every couple of hours or so to reduce desire. Otherwise my hormones would have inevitably cost me $1 million at some point.

Laomedon
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Not to be a dick or anything, but there's no way for this woman to verify if you did or did not have sex unless she had a [censored] camera crew following you around for 8 years. Given this wrinkle, I would say 50k and then still go nuts during my 20s.

FouTight
08-10-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a dick or anything, but there's no way for this woman to verify if you did or did not have sex unless she had a [censored] camera crew following you around for 8 years. Given this wrinkle, I would say 50k and then still go nuts during my 20s.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would seriously have to donk it up with her then when you finally hooked up, to sell her on the fact that you haven't done it at all.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get really nice places with land in OR outside the Portland area for 200k without any problems.

Blarg
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Do you get paid up front?

Although nothing about this situation is remotely likely or realistic, the most likely or realistic way this might happen is if she refused to pay up at the end and laughed at you for wasting years of your life turning down sex and all the relationships that come with it. And not sleeping with you, either.

And the most likely and truthful reaction by the guy would be, "So what? I lied and banged away as much as I wanted, which was my intention from the beginning. But I wasn't about to tell you that."

irishpint
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
15k and a blowjob a day.

TheMainEvent
08-10-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You might as well not even accept the offer at all, then. What kind of a loser would you have to be to not be able to score for 8 years when you are actively trying to have sex? I mean, perhaps if you were hideously deformed or something, but even the ugliest guys can score at least once in 8 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone offered you $10,000 dollars if you get struck by lightning, would you say no just because it's probably not going to happen?

Punker
08-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Whatever. If I hold out or can't find any willing partners during my 60 hours 4 tabling per week and 40 hours posting on 2+2, I get the cash. If I find a partner I think is worth giving up whatever we agree to, fine, I lose the bet.

Its a freeroll.