PDA

View Full Version : If El Diablo retired from 2+2...

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Who would inherit the throne?

Yeah, we know- Dead, Peachy etc... not funny.

Seriously, who is the most worthy successor?

Eurotrash
08-10-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think anybody could quite fill Diablo's shoes. nobody really has that personality and mix of qualities.

Duke
08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
El Diablo is 10' tall and shoots fire from his arse.

~D

TheWorstPlayer
08-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Bruiser, when he grows up a bit. A lot of potential there.

Eurotrash
08-10-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm trying to envision this, but it just isn't happening.

somehow a trip report detailing the various greens in his salad doesn't compare to the picture of the thick slices of steakhouse bacon.

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he have a date with a chick first?

poker-penguin
08-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Thou shalt not discuss the death of God. It makes him cranky.

I recently recieved a top secret email saying that in the event of El Diabolo's death incapacitation resignation or impeachment, Sup Bro is first in line for the throne. He shall return on a golden chariot pulled by flaming horses!

offTopic
08-10-2005, 02:15 AM
This is Diablo without the mask:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9703/30/mass.suicide/applewhite.jpg

When he leaves, everyone else is leaving with him.

razor
08-10-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What throne would that be?

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.historical-museum.org/exhibits/orisha/images/1575-24.jpg

Willluck
08-10-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The English throne. I think Clarkmeister would take his place if ElD left

Alex/Mugaaz
08-10-2005, 02:53 AM
I vote for Kingstriker.

Alobar
08-10-2005, 03:26 AM
El Diablo not being a part of 2+2 would is a horrible thought. There wouldnt be any more threads to read full of people swinging from his nuts....I cant imagine what I'd do with all that new free time. Very scary.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-10-2005, 03:43 AM
clearly mason malmuth.

Schneids
08-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Gonores if he posted more often.

Stuey
08-10-2005, 03:58 AM
Just like Lassie, and Punxsutawney Phil, there have been many El Diablos. Each time one dies, gets bored, or runs out of material they just bring in new blood.

08-10-2005, 04:58 AM
here's my short list of likely heirs: (OOT posts a must)

Bison-

easily the most likable poster, super-genius, hilarious, awsome advice, but probably
a little too non-shalant, and didn't play very high

Clarkmiester-

probably the most likely predecessor, but he'd have to go back to that
indian avatar thingy and lose the ignore list (or at least stop telling us about it)

Bruiser-

the peoples champion. always insightful, super-talented, quite the ladies' man from what i understand, and looks damn fine dripping-wet surrounded by fat hairy men

jake-

ah, jake! highest p/d count hands-down, very witty, but lacking in the p*ker post (skill?) department. probably has just as many enemies as allies, but very likable none the less.

spaceman-

jus cuz!

jason_t-

GENIUS! don't [censored] with him when it comes to logic or linguistics, he'll [censored] you up! great poster, very likable. accepts klepton for who he is, even though he stole his bike, but sometimes dabbles in 2-4. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TSC-

if it were based on post count, he would be the clear winner. not sure if he plays p*ker though.

sfer-

WAAAAYY too likable, n00b in mid/high

Dynasty-

too Dynastyish

i dunno, i'm too tired to think of any more right now, but if I had final say, I'd have to go with gorie. SHE ROCKS!

razor
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
clearly mason malmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly not

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img170.exs.cx/img170/1945/zing4mc.jpg

Maulik
08-10-2005, 08:35 AM
but lacking in the p*ker post (skill?) department.

Prevaricator
08-10-2005, 08:36 AM
are you guys retarded, its obviously daryn.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but lacking in the p*ker post (skill?) department.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I need to go back to spending more time in the strategy forums.

durron597
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
IMO its very close between Clarkmeister & daryn

TheWorstPlayer
08-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I feel like you have to have those beautiful NL strategy posts to really come close to filling El D's shoes. Sure, daryn is awesome and I look for his posts, but I think you have to play both limit and NL at a high level to get the full effect of El D on here and Daryn doesn't (to the best of my knowledge? at least he doesnt post in MHNL). Bruiser does.

durron597
08-10-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like you have to have those beautiful NL strategy posts to really come close to filling El D's shoes. Sure, daryn is awesome and I look for his posts, but I think you have to play both limit and NL at a high level to get the full effect of El D on here and Daryn doesn't (to the best of my knowledge? at least he doesnt post in MHNL). Bruiser does.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Diablo himself is an excellent limit player (go read old posts) the fact is that you have to go read the old posts to find that out; he doesn't post on the MHL forum much, at least not with strategy advice.

Diablo fills a personality niche more than a strategy niche despite him being excellent at poker. And bruiser doesn't have the personality to fill that niche.

And I want to add a 3rd person to my opinion list - 1800GAMBLER.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Diablo fills a personality niche more than a strategy niche despite him being excellent at poker. And bruiser doesn't have the personality to fill that niche.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does moreso than daryn imo.

edit: nothing against daryn. he's just become so jaded.

durron597
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He does moreso than daryn imo.

edit: nothing against daryn. he's just become so jaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather hear about steak trip reports than tofu trip reports.

And this is nothing against bruiser, it's just that he's no diablo.

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 09:57 AM
The successful candidate -in addition to poker- should be knowledegable concerning food, drink, travel, music and women.

Maulik
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
the real question is who is El Diablo /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TheWorstPlayer
08-10-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that this is true at the moment. Bruiser is a bit too silly and doesn't have that 'simply state the truth' coolness that El D has going for him. However, Bruiser is also significantly younger than El D and newer to the scene. Give him 5 years and I think he'll come into his own.

Also, 1800 was another name at the top of my list. Great poster.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would much rather hear about steak trip reports than tofu trip reports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, he's no Diablo. No one is. Let's just all hope he doesn't decide he needs to retire from posting anytime soon.

P.S. let's see how long before daryn joins the thread to berate all the El Diablo "fanbois". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Truth
08-10-2005, 10:56 AM
I think clark already had the thrown and passed on to eldiablo, so he doesn't count. He passed it on when he changed his avatar from the indian.

razor
08-10-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The successful candidate -in addition to poker- should be knowledegable concerning food, drink, travel, music and women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not sure what throne we are talking about. The only throne of any importance at 2+2 is the the throne currently occupied by Ray Zee and I don't see him giving up his reign anytime soon. That said The Diablo is clearly Zee's heir apparent. I see no other viable candidates for 2nd in the line of succession at this time.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 11:10 AM
It's a nice throne...
http://www.abc.net.au/arts/digital/stories/img/haig_03.jpg

...but be careful when you sit down, he previous owner made a modification...

http://www.iwa-architect.jp/info/Exhibition/super_toilet_07.jpg

Shajen
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
hmmm....interesting question, sorta.

It's a thinly veiled popularity contest.

If this occured, I imagine it would be a 4 or 5 headed monster.

Probably Clark, Dynasty, Wacki, Astro, and maybe through in a NT or [censored]/nocomformist in there for spite. /images/graemlins/grin.gif It would have to be an OOTer, not some schmuck who only posts in Mid-high or something. You need a well-rounded individual, and that's why I'd say it would be 4-5 people forming a cartel.

Yeti
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
astro is a decent choice actually.

TheWorstPlayer
08-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I would have the same NL problem. He is a great poster, though.

Homer
08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
This thread is hilarious, in a sad sort of way.

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well sure, he's no Diablo. No one is. Let's just all hope he doesn't decide he needs to retire from posting anytime soon.

P.S. let's see how long before daryn joins the thread to berate all the El Diablo "fanbois". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn is as big of a El Diablo fanboi as anyone else. It was proven here: link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1702716&Fo rum=f20&Words=diablo&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=17 02716&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10714&dateran ge=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post1702716)

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not sure what throne we are talking about. The only throne of any importance at 2+2 is the the throne currently occupied by Ray Zee and I don't see him giving up his reign anytime soon. That said The Diablo is clearly Zee's heir apparent. I see no other viable candidates for 2nd in the line of succession at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point.

Ghazban
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM
If limon posted more, he would be an excellent choice.

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was my first, actually. With a little refining and a few more years under his belt...

The big selling point with him is that he would not tolerate the knobslobbing.

Homer
08-10-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was my first, actually. With a little refining and a few more years under his belt...

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony?

razor
08-10-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If limon posted more, he would be an excellent choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

Although I don't think he has much use or tolerance for limit poker.

Ghazban
08-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Is that a bad thing?

kidding, kidding /images/graemlins/smile.gif

M2d
08-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Bill Brasky

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that was coming when I said that, nh.

Still, the fact is...

MarkL444
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
clark by a mile

razor
08-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he probably has more potential than anyone else mentioned so far.

Shajen
08-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I also gotta give props to Patrick and Indymatty...they are high on the scale of OOTers I'd hang out with.

of course, it remains to be seen if they'd return the favor. I'd probably get the "sure, yeah man, we can hang. I'll call ya"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

razor
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clark by a mile

[/ QUOTE ]

For a short-term reign, in an emergency...

He is probably more qualified than anyone besides Zee & Diablo... but I'm not sure he has much upside.

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also gotta give props to Patrick and Indymatty...they are high on the scale of OOTers I'd hang out with.

of course, it remains to be seen if they'd return the favor. I'd probably get the "sure, yeah man, we can hang. I'll call ya"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahh man, we're coo we're coo

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Don't discount TT (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3105784&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

mmbt0ne
08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Sredni Vashtar

M2d
08-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Ulysses

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't discount TT (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3105784&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. Or jason_t.

razor
08-10-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is one of my favorite posters, but no.

razor
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may have some potential... but isn't he something of a nit?

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is one of my favorite posters, but no.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have the mean streak I guess.

ThaSaltCracka
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If El Diablo retired from 2+2...

[/ QUOTE ]...people would probably stop making dumb threads about El Diablo.

Paluka
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If El Diablo retired from 2+2...

[/ QUOTE ]...people would probably stop making dumb threads about El Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]. I hate agreeing with TheSaltCracka, but my god. If you want to blow El Diablo please PM him rather than make a thread.

ThaSaltCracka
08-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I love you to.

Yeti
08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No [censored]. I hate agreeing with TheSaltCracka, but my god. If you want to blow El Diablo please PM him rather than make a thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a mention of Magic in your post. You feeling ok, bro?

astroglide
08-10-2005, 01:21 PM
the thing is, el diablo is an entertainer. he deliberates over posts, carefully selects his spots. each post he makes is directed at the public, and calculated intelligent emphasis is given to whatever the point or zing is. sometimes i end up putting on shows, but i think the majority of the time when i post i'm responding to a specific person or group of persons, not to the "audience".

in this case i'm specifically addressing those who have thrown my name into the virtual hat. i could respond to those same people but alter my post to entertain, which would effectively make it a message to the public. it requires effort, though, and i'm not really interested in the rewards.

on the general topic i would think somebody like kane would be a good choice, but only with much more renaissance and careful craftsmanship - which i don't see happening. el diablo is really good at what he does. the offline kind of analog i see to him is that rare military guy you might know. very intelligent, deliberately charismatic, and most of all seasoned. he used to fly cargo jets, then he owned a bar, now he's got partial ownership of a marina restaurant and does some kind of part-time consulting for an interesting industry. he's rare and you're glad you met him.

i'd like to think i'm good at what i do, whatever it is, but i don't think it's similar to what ulysses wants to do.

Eurotrash
08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody's upset that they're not in the running... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B Dids
08-10-2005, 01:45 PM
astro is basically saying "I won't dance for you" at the same exact time his avatar is dancing for us.

razor
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
astro is basically saying "I won't dance for you" at the same exact time his avatar is dancing for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

and at the same time demonstrating why he's the leading candidate... genius.

daryn
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser blows at limit.

Dr. StrangeloveX
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
limit blows.

TheWorstPlayer
08-10-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser blows at limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is that I was going to qualify my statement about limit but then I decided not to because even if he is not that good for 30/60 or whatever he is playing (and I am in no position to judge) I imagine he is a 'good player' nonetheless. And I'm sure his limit game will pick up as he focuses on it more.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 02:23 PM
JBB?

theredwave
08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Daryn, I take it you're not FoxyPlayer on UB?

daryn
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Daryn, I take it you're not FoxyPlayer on UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct

daryn
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
limit blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, whatever idiot

Lawrence Ng
08-10-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is hilarious, in a sad sort of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

08-10-2005, 05:56 PM
KaneKungFu123

edtost
08-10-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the thing is, el diablo is an entertainer. he deliberates over posts, carefully selects his spots. each post he makes is directed at the public, and calculated intelligent emphasis is given to whatever the point or zing is. sometimes i end up putting on shows, but i think the majority of the time when i post i'm responding to a specific person or group of persons, not to the "audience".

in this case i'm specifically addressing those who have thrown my name into the virtual hat. i could respond to those same people but alter my post to entertain, which would effectively make it a message to the public. it requires effort, though, and i'm not really interested in the rewards.

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub.

Luv2DriveTT
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may have some potential... but isn't he something of a nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason T wins. El' D himself has shared his affinity.

Diablo LOVES Jason (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2990663&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

we are not worthy....

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

B Dids
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Scrub is actually a pretty good answer. He just needs like 50% more ego and 100% more bite.

nolanfan34
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scrub is actually a pretty good answer. He just needs like 50% more ego and 100% more bite.

[/ QUOTE ]

And 500% the posting frequency.

KaneKungFu123
08-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Limon.

Matty
08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Alobar or Clarkmeister.