PDA

View Full Version : for those that saw my earlier 'no-brainer' (JJ - yeah!)

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 01:55 AM
It's getting crunch-time. Shortie is UTG - not so worrysome. With villian's "step aside boys" minraise of the AI...uhboy....

27+2 Turbo
PokerStars Game #2304618295: Tournament #11121782, Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2005/08/10 - 01:26:10 (ET)
Table '11121782 1' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Jimbo Beam (4315 in chips)
Seat 2: beltedpig (3380 in chips)
Seat 3: bluefeet (1613 in chips)
Seat 5: CRITTER69 (1797 in chips)
Seat 7: Crock65 (1460 in chips)
Seat 9: Whyt Choklit (935 in chips)
CRITTER69: posts small blind 100
Crock65: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [Js Jc]
Whyt Choklit: raises 735 to 935 and is all-in
Jimbo Beam: raises 735 to 1670
beltedpig: folds
<font color="blue">bluefeet ??? </font>

I think the poker gods are testing me for laying it down a couple hours ago.

What do YOU do?

08-10-2005, 02:00 AM
I push.

You have 8BBs left. If the min-raiser had AA, KK, or QQ, he might just call and hope for other callers so he could punish them on the flop. A min-raise makes it seem as though he DOES have a hand he only wants to show down with shorty. Some possibilities could be anywhere from 55-TT, AK, AQs, AJs, but not KQs or any of that garbage.

I definitely push over top of the min-raiser here. If you win this hand you're cruising.

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
yeah, but his 'minraise' is effectively a push for all but one on the table. a clear isolation move to get HU with shortie. but with what? if shortie's pushing any Ace/PP, you'd THINK big dog is sitting on AQish?

do i want to go 3-way here facing possibly all 3 overs, maybe an over pair? or, sit on my open-push opportunities?

08-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm not certain about this, but I think you would see a smaller pocket pair and two overs (or only one over) more often than not.

Big stack, is, well, the big stack. He doesn't exactly need a monster to try and take out shortie.

I am going to bed. Please post results by morning. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 02:13 AM
just for you - but don't tell anyone (below):
<font color="white">*** RIVER *** [4c 8d 7c 4s] [6h]
Whyt Choklit: shows [8h As] (two pair, Eights and Fours)
Jimbo Beam: shows [Jd Qc] (a pair of Fours)

did end up busting big stack later on my way to 2nd...who knows, funny game
</font>

11t
08-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I hate being in spots like this. If the re-raiser is capable of doing this with 99 and TT than this becomes a much easier push. You are probably up against overcards though and very possibly an over pair.

Blech, I hate you for posting this hand. I'd muck unless I had a read on the re-raiser since for the main pot you are going to be racing 3 handed and for the side pot, even if you win you will be losing money on the hand.

11t
08-10-2005, 02:16 AM
See by this point you should know how the big stack accumulated his chips and what he is most likely going to with them. Versus a TAG re-raise this is an easy fold. Versus drunk donks like you are playign this becomes much more of a call.

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and for the side pot, even if you win you will be losing money on the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is precisely why i folded. comparatively speaking, i still had a stack capable of pushing into my immediate left - with the chance to retain some FE despite the chance of folding through these blinds. finish 2nd here to shortie leaves me pushing 'any two' pretty quick.

on a quick side note: i had a weak-long break-even run, that was really testing my patience (key word). i spent time going through some hand history and found a glaring common denominator -- losing coin-flips CALLING the close ones. of course, we never know if/when opportunity will present itself having left behind a 'close call', but the results over the past few days - passing on these calls has been dramatac. eh...for what thats worth.

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 02:28 AM
funny you mention that (QJ!!?!?!?) - i keep meticulous
notes...i'm sitting down with 4-5 guys 'tagged' these days. this guy had simply gotten paid on monster hands. i was stunned to see what he flipped. three hands &amp; three loses (final to my AA) later, he was gone -- all questionable hands. goes to show you a 'read' can be misleading, when your read is gathered by a few showdowns.