PDA

View Full Version : may go to jail, how should I pay to stay out

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:06 AM
OK I have my court date from THIS (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3060500&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) tomorrow. Here's the thing the total bail amount on the citation was for $2400. I need to determine exactly how much I would be willing to pay before just taking a day or two in jail. I just moved up in limits and I don't really want to deplete my bankroll.

Any thoughts appreciated (except those concerning butt rape)

imported_anacardo
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
It's not that bad. I'd go strictly by EV. If you stand to lose more by not playing the days you're in the slammer, then go ahead and pay; if it would be a significant hit to your 'roll, just do your time.

bones
08-10-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this not the most important variable?

mmbt0ne
08-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Ummmm, don't you get your bail back when you show up to the trial? It's not like you're LOSING that money.

Wyers
08-10-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK I have my court date from THIS (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3060500&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) tomorrow. Here's the thing the total bail amount on the citation was for $2400. I need to determine exactly how much I would be willing to pay before just taking a day or two in jail. I just moved up in limits and I don't really want to deplete my bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This thread (and your previous one linked in your post) astounds me. All of this over PARKING TICKETS?

Sorry if I come across as naive... I'm not really (just Canadian /images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

Here in Ontario, if you don't pay your parking fines, you cannot renew your vehicle's plates (this must be done annually) - thus making it illegal for you to drive. If you continue to ignore your fines they send the Credit Bureau after you resulting in a severely damaged credit rating.

But jail over parking tickets. Damn. Sorry bro.

Does this vary state to state or is it par for the course across your country?

Rev. Good Will
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm, don't you get your bail back when you show up to the trial? It's not like you're LOSING that money.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChoicestHops
08-10-2005, 01:29 AM
You aren't going to jail because you had a warrant for unpaid parking tickets.

And, why on earth would you pay bail when you are already out of jail?

irishpint
08-10-2005, 01:31 AM
corvallis oregon is the worst city in the country.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 01:33 AM
http://www.gravett.org/sauce/archives/go2jail.jpg

THATWACOKID
08-10-2005, 01:33 AM
you should think about leaving the country

goofball
08-10-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DarkForceRising
08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.gravett.org/sauce/archives/go2jail.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cbfair
08-10-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP is asking how much of the bail that he recieves back should he give to the court (in fines) to avoid a couple of days in jail.

This is really a personal question, how much is your time worth, [censored]?

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP is asking how much of the bail that he recieves back should he give to the court (in fines) to avoid a couple of days in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make somewhere between $75-$100/hr depending on where my winrate settles down. However if I spent more than say 600 I would be in danger of moving down and making $25-$30/hr. My bankroll is a very precarious spot.

shadow29
08-10-2005, 01:44 AM
seriously, just get a lawyer.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I make somewhere between $75-$100/hr depending on where my winrate settles down. However if I spent more than say 600 I would be in danger of moving down and making $25-$30/hr. My bankroll is a very precarious spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, he makes 75-100/hr, but if he lost 600 (6-7 hours of play by his standards), he would be in jeopardy of having to move down...

BS ALERT

Nothing about that makes sense.

jacki
08-10-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

08-10-2005, 01:48 AM
This is over Parking tickets ? WTF ? You need to get out of that state and go to another one. Obviously, your state has no crime and can afford to lock up just about anyone for petty crap. Complete bullshit.

Lets substitute Censored for a 28 year old woman with a 3 month old infant at home. You think they'd treat her the same way ? Hell no. The community would be outraged. They are F'ing with you because you are a male with money.

stabn
08-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Can you:

Try and negotiate payments
or
Get a loan for something and use it for this
or
Use a line of credit cash advance for it for a month or two?

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you:

Try and negotiate payments
or
Get a loan for something and use it for this
or
Use a line of credit cash advance for it for a month or two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so

possible

I don't think so

I'm going in with the cash I have on hand which is like $400 and probably 15 times the orinnal amount of the tickets and hoping that is enough.

where I get into to trouble is if its like $1k because I'm already playing the 100's on a short roll.

What I am wondering is what I will do if the judge says ok either pay $1000 or spend a day or two in jail. The corvallis jail has to be pretty damn clean (rich college town) so I doubt it would be that bad.

that way I could take a 2 day vacaction of sorts, get out and fire up empire like nothing happened.

cbfair
08-10-2005, 01:54 AM
So two days in jail costs $1200-$1600 + personal opportunities lost (family time, dates, whatever) + Pain-in-the-ass of being locked up + indignity of being locked up + potential future ramifications of jail time showing up in background checks + whatever else you can think of.

The value of everything but the money is knowable only to you, but looking at my own life, I'd pay at least $2400 to avoid 2 days in jail.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
+ personal opportunities lost (family time, dates, whatever)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya dude you see how much I post on here right?

08-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Have you been to jail/prison before ?

Benholio
08-10-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather work 20 hours to recover my bankroll than spend a day or two in jail. Spending the night in jail is not good times.

mmbt0ne
08-10-2005, 02:57 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Spending the night in jail is not good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if you're sober enough to remember it.

nothumb
08-10-2005, 03:00 AM
For me, I think my price per night in jail (up to about a week, presuming I could get out of work) would be about a hundred fifty bucks. But I'm poor, and I've always wondered what jail would be like.

NT

[censored]
08-10-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and I've always wondered what jail would be like.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also a factor

nothumb
08-10-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, I think if you can go to jail for one or two days you should do it. I had a sociology professor who was a big SNCC movement guy back in the day and he told me spending a night in jail will profoundly affect your understanding of the State and the nature of its power.

Funny guy.

NT
This is also a factor

Apathy
08-10-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also a factor

[/ QUOTE ]

Jail Sucks.

Yes, this is from personal experience. (1 night)

ChipWrecked
08-10-2005, 03:15 AM
I've been in jail four times, no long stretches or anything, but yes, jail sucks, it is not an option. Don't forget an a'hole judge can sentence you to jail AND make you pay a fine.

And quit parking where you're not supposed to, for Chrissakes.

Chairman Wood
08-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Have you ever been to jail???? At the best it really sucks, is boring as hell and makes you feel like [censored]. You definately get the idea that your freedom and rights are ripped right away. Its cold and uncomfortable. The blanket they give you isn't warm enough and the giant toilet paper roll doesn't make much of a pillow At worst, you get attacked by psychos and no one gives a [censored] and the guards are don't care enough to get there in time before you take some serious blows. Jail really [censored] sucks. Do whatever you can to stay out of it. Save the idea of just being "curious" about jail for another time.

Chairman Wood
08-10-2005, 03:18 AM
In addition, this is a no brainer if you're going to get your bail back.

newfant
08-10-2005, 03:22 AM
I think it depends on what type of jail you are in. I spent 5 days in a rural county jail. It wasn't bad. Most of the people I was in with were in for crimes they committed while drunk or on something. Sober, they were decent people.

However, I would not want to go to a jail in a big city. I imagine that would be a quite different experience.

DavidC
08-10-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm guessing you ignored Miller's advice to have 3x months living + emergency + an adequate roll...

That sucks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you can get the bail back, don't bother with jail.

In the meantime, don't wear a watch to the court, or bling of any variety, don't wear good shoes and DO bring a book that you feel like reading over the next few days, just in case.

By "the $100's" do you mean SNGs?

Going from $75/hr to $35 an hour isn't so bad, if it's only for a week or two.

--Dave.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 05:05 AM
I just checked the citation and this shin dig starts and 8:30AM! Pretty [censored] inconsiderate in my opinion. It is stunts like that which result in parking tickets going unpaid in the first place.

ChipWrecked
08-10-2005, 05:09 AM
(laugh out loud), you may have to be there at 8:30, but don't be surprised if they don't call your case until 3:30. Welcome to the system!

sup, bro?

Stuey
08-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Read this whole post over again. Would you consider putting yourself on ignore if this was someone else's problem?

Don't go to jail bro. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-10-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, I think if you can go to jail for one or two days you should do it. I had a sociology professor who was a big SNCC movement guy back in the day and he told me spending a night in jail will profoundly affect your understanding of the State and the nature of its power.

Funny guy.

NT
This is also a factor

[/ QUOTE ]

Your professor is right. I did 6 months in prison for some bullshit. I won't go into it but prison and jail were pretty bad. Prison was much worse, though. I actually have my conviction on an appeal right now. (last one) Maybe you should spend a night or two in jail. It will help you realize WHO the State is. I had no idea who the State was but I sure as hell do I now. I also understood more of how Waco came to be and how we have these right-wing militia men who believe the Government is bull and we need to stand up for our rights. I'm not one of those guys but I understand where they are coming from.

Do you realize they want to throw you in jail because you didn't pay a parking ticket ? You know how ridiculous this is ?

I also did 5 months on home detention so about a year total. I started having some kind of unexplainable feeling in my stomach during the course of that year. I can only explain it as maybe a severe post traumatic stress disorder or soemthing. It was like I felt unbelievable sadness and loneliness at the same time and it would hit me in waves and the only thing that would make it go away is time. Eventually, the feeling left me but it took about 7 months for it to go away and I still having brief periods where I feel that way. I sometimes will just cuss for no reason other than I'm having a flash back. This sounds kind of like a joke, I know, but I'm for real.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Read this whole post over again. Would you consider putting yourself on ignore if this was someone else's problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

no I think this thread is awesome and much better than 83% of the retarded crap that people come up with.

08-10-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no I think this thread is awesome and much better than 83% of the retarded crap that people come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!!!! You are easily the lamest poster ever (with the exception of myself of course). I can't believe you once thought yourself fit to judge other posters. HAHAHAHAHA

Stuey
08-10-2005, 05:28 AM
I am just surprised you are considering going to jail. Thought you were joking just to get silly replies.

You have a very good chance of going to jail and having a very easy time doing the few days worth of time. But once you hand over your life to the state if something goes wrong you have zero control and things can get crazy fast.

You might think you will be in a cell alone but you have no way of knowing for sure. You might think they will put you with a normal safe person serving a short period of time just like you but you have no way of knowing.

You get one bad break in there and react badly, stick up for yourself, and you could be very sorry. You don't sound like the type to back down and that's the only type they have in there so it sounds like trouble.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 05:30 AM
I really was considering it, that is why I asked the question. However some of the replies have changed my mind.

ChipWrecked
08-10-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really was considering it, that is why I asked the question. However some of the replies have changed my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice. I was going to mention that cops who are jailors are rookies and losers. Either way, not the cream of the cop crop, so to speak.

PLOlover
08-10-2005, 05:46 AM
1) You only get arrested and jailed if you fail to appear in court and a warrant is issued.

2) The judge will ask you how much you can pay and put you on a payment plan if you cannot pay in full.

3) How many parking tickets did you get?

whiskeytown
08-10-2005, 05:49 AM
I have been held against my will before for about 3 days (state hospital, not jail, but same thing in essence) -

I'd pay massive amounts of money to not do that again...skip the jail and beg the court for forgiveness - wear kneepads...

RB

Cyrus
08-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Be prepared (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3103447&amp;page=109&amp;view =expanded&amp;sb=6&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just checked the citation and this shin dig starts and 8:30AM! Pretty [censored] inconsiderate in my opinion. It is stunts like that which result in parking tickets going unpaid in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed this line. You'll pay whatever you have to. You can't go without 2+2 for more then one day.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed this line. You'll pay whatever you have to. You can't go without 2+2 for more then one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they have Internet access in the can.

08-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I [censored] kids like you in the can in the ass.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 Star

ChipWrecked
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make up your mind, dude, is it in the can or in the ass?

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

lol, he makes 75-100/hr, but if he lost 600 (6-7 hours of play by his standards), he would be in jeopardy of having to move down...

BS ALERT

Nothing about that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make up your mind, dude, is it in the can or in the ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the actual quote.

Indiana
08-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I agree with ThinMan, I'm calling bs on censored. Making that kind of hourly rate and you are worried about 600? I make $45/hr and I just gave a dude 1600 just to help him out. It had no effect on anything.

Indy

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with ThinMan, I'm calling bs on censored. Making that kind of hourly rate and you are worried about 600? I make $45/hr and I just gave a dude 1600 just to help him out. It had no effect on anything.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

$1600 would really help me out.

Indiana
08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Yah, but this guy was reeealy in need. Plus he's a missionary and you know what christ says...if u love me feed my sheep.

Indy

Clarkmeister
08-10-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what christ says

[/ QUOTE ]

We neither know nor care what he says.

jakethebake
08-10-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yah, but this guy was reeealy in need. Plus he's a missionary and you know what christ says...if u love me feed my sheep.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure sheep eat grass.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure sheep eat grass.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sheep talk while I still have morning wood please. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wes ManTooth
08-10-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies make baby jesus cry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Indiana
08-10-2005, 11:31 AM
see u in hell my friend:)

Indy

Indiana
08-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Well excuuuuuuse me for trying to help someone out. Some of u fools could use a day reading the good book IMO.
Indy

jackdaniels
08-10-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well excuuuuuuse me for trying to help someone out. Some of u fools could use a day reading the good book IMO.
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are joking or not (I hope you are) - but if you think you are going to get a lot of positive responses to a "we need to read the bible more often" comment, you are in the wrong place.

Don't turn this into a religion post - just keep up the good work with russian bride type stuff.

Clarkmeister
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are joking or not (I hope you are) - but if you think you are going to get a lot of positive responses to a "we need to read the bible more often" comment, you are in the wrong place.

Don't turn this into a religion post - just keep up the good work with russian bride type stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Dominic
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM
if it's only a day or two in jail, I'd take the jail time - think of it as a life experience!

SomethingClever
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Haven't you ever heard of bail bonds?

Can't you get one of those?

Sheesh.

terrapin314
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Just pay the bill. Freedom is priceless and you never know what could happen.

"Sorry, sir - our jail is full and we need to transfer you to XYZ jail" - which mostly includes degenerates.

It's your mistake. Pay to play.

M2d
08-10-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I keep it next to my bed and try to get in a little reading every night. last night, I re-read the chapter on short handed games.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I was actually ctied for contempt because I guess the court had sent me a notice to appear at somepoint in the last year which I failed to do. The fine for that is $2400.

However the judge was cool and dismissed that charge letting me out of there with only having to pay $240 in parking tickets which I did.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I just moved up to the 100NL from the 25tables. I did this by being party staked from someone. Currently I have little more than what is required to play those tables. If I were to take out 600, i would only have to lose 4 more buyins and I would have to move down.

also [censored] thinman anyone who quotes that retard is now dead to me

M2d
08-10-2005, 12:59 PM
can you find out if they have WiFi in jail? can you bring a laptop? maybe you can save the fine money and make money at the same time.

kidding aside, you will probably be in a barracks with a bunch of other small-timers. problem is that some or most of them think that they're big time and will want to prove it to the world using you as a template. the food sucks,the toilets have no doors, you'll have a regimented schedule interspersed with hours of boring nothingness.

also, county jail is typically filled with gang wannabes and real members coming down or going up. In oregon, I think the brotherhood is still pretty strong, so, given your caucasian persuasion, I'd expect you to get some overtures to join up with them for "protection". Don't turn to the black gangs for help, since they won't look your way. neither will the mexicans or the asians. they all have their own gangs and don't need a pretty white boy mixing in.

I worked as a county jail CO in california for three years after college and, while the above is a little dramatic, it happens. Not quite anal-rape prison, but a bunch of hassle for something you could easily pay your way out of.

Indiana
08-10-2005, 01:02 PM
mostly joking...Indy

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I just moved up to the 100NL from the 25tables. I did this by being party staked from someone. Currently I have little more than what is required to play those tables. If I were to take out 600, i would only have to lose 4 more buyins and I would have to move down.

[/ QUOTE ]

But wait! You make $75-100/hr. Can't you just play 6 hours overnight and not have to remove $600 from your BR?

Oh, that's right, your post if full of BS. I forgot.

Almost 4000 posts on the best poker strategy site on the web and you still haven't learned enough to not play over your head...

Sad.

stabn
08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually ctied for contempt because I guess the court had sent me a notice to appear at somepoint in the last year which I failed to do. The fine for that is $2400.

However the judge was cool and dismissed that charge letting me out of there with only having to pay $240 in parking tickets which I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. GL in the 100's then.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks if I can make through the week without the bottom falling out I'll be set.

08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks if I can make through the week without the bottom falling out I'll be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always go back to shining shoes. Now this kid, this kid was great. They, they used to call him Spitshine [censored]..

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always go back to shining shoes. Now this kid, this kid was great. They, they used to call him Spitshine [censored]..

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a poster I like please never let me find out. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to such things.

Punker
08-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I agree with everyone who said that you get your bail back if you show up. I also agree with everyone who called BS on your alleged win rate.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everyone who said that you get your bail back if you show up. I also agree with everyone who called BS on your alleged win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if you want to join thinman's short yellow bus group who I am to stop you.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if you want to join thinman's short yellow bus group who I am to stop you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical response from someone who knows they are caught in BS.

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you are making that much playing $100NL in the long run. And you can take that to the bank.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you are making that much playing $100NL in the long run. And you can take that to the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think 10-15bb/100 is maintainable at the 6max tables? What are you basing that on?

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think 10-15bb/100 is maintainable at the 6max tables? What are you basing that on?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands are you playing in an hour?

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands are you playing in an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

310 right now with a MTT of 3.67. Rake comes to about $12/hr which I included.

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So even if you are making 10-15bb/100, that's 30-45 bb/hr. That does not add up to $75-100/hr

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
15bb/100 is $90/hr + rake

$2*15/100= 30 * 3.1 = $93.

what type of math do they do in your part of the world.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So even if you are making 10-15bb/100, that's 30-45 bb/hr. That does not add up to $75-100/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where he either ignores you, or says something childish like "omg, you agree with thinman, I hate you, you're dead to me...bla bla bla bla bla"

Let him be right and think he has freinds that agree, it's obviously what he needs at this stage in his life.

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bb in $100NL games is $1, unless you are talking about some site where the buyin is only 50bb, in which case a winrate of 15bb is definitely not sustainable.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bb in $100NL games is $1, unless you are talking about some site where the buyin is only 50bb, in which case a winrate of 15bb is definitely not sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No the big blind is a $1, win rates are expressed in terms of big bets which = 2x the big blind or $2. Have you heard of pokertracker?

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No the big blind is a $1, win rates are expressed in terms of big bets which = 2x the big blind or $2. Have you heard of pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and since in NL there is no such thing as a big bet, people usually say PTbb when they mean 2x the big blind. Anway, 10 PTbb is usually considered the upper limit of sustainable winrates. So even if you are making 10 PTbb, your winrate would be $2*10PTbb/100*300hnds/hr = $60. And thats the upper limit, which is much less than the $75-100 rate that you claimed. As other have pointed out, if you are really making $75-100/hr, $600 would not hurt your bankroll.

Dr. StrangeloveX
08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Bad advice man is slacking.

[censored]
08-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and since in NL there is no such thing as a big bet, people usually say PTbb when they mean 2x the big blind. Anway, 10 PTbb is usually considered the upper limit of sustainable winrates. So even if you are making 10 PTbb, your winrate would be $2*10PTbb/100*300hnds/hr = $60. And thats the upper limit, which is much less than the $75-100 rate that you claimed. As other have pointed out, if you are really making $75-100/hr, $600 would not hurt your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said $70-100 which included rake. I also think something like 12 would be maintable. This is why I used a $30 margin.

I already covered why taking $600 out right would have such an affect.

I have never seen someone use PTbb but I can't imagine liking anyone who did as it is completely redundant as again wr are stated in terms of bigbets and bigbets = 2x the big blind.

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said $70-100 which included rake. I also think something like 12 would be maintable. This is why I used a $30 margin.

I have never seen someone use PTbb but I can't imagine liking anyone who did as it is completely redundant as again wr are stated in terms of bigbets and bigbets = 2x the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just PMed Mat, apparantly OOT and Zoo are crossposting right now.

Don't defend yourself man. And pay the [censored] bail.

Dr. StrangeloveX
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't read MidHiPlNl do you?

[censored]
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't read MidHiPlNl do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not since I don't have a [censored] clue what you are even talking about.

ChipWrecked
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus spaketh the guy who thinks wives ought to be lied to...

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hoyaboy1
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
If 600 bucks would kill you, just play for 8 hours today and make enough to cover that.

You are full of [censored].

HopeydaFish
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HopeydaFish
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Super System? Or SSHE?

HopeydaFish
08-10-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just pay the bill. Freedom is priceless and you never know what could happen.

"Sorry, sir - our jail is full and we need to transfer you to XYZ jail" - which mostly includes degenerates.

It's your mistake. Pay to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least then he'd be able to definitively answer the question "You choose -- mouth or anus".

Unfortunately, that poll got deleted, so he'll need to start a new thread to post results.

SoCalRugger
08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more. And I'm stuck here for at least one more year. Damn.