PDA

View Full Version : Single table SNGS: PokerStars vs UltimateBet

08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Hello,

I've been playing single table SNGs almost exclusively at PokerStars. I don't have much of a bankroll so I play at the lower buy-in tournaments, $5's and $10's. The main reason why I picked PokerStars to play SNGs at was because of the amount of time per level (10min) and 1500 in chips to start. I feel their blind structure for SNGs is the best IMHO for me because it doesn't degenerate to a crapshoot for quite some time and allows for a lot of play before the blinds are gobbling up everyone's stack.

Anyways the question is that I noticed that UltimateBet's SNG blind structure (10 min/lvl) and starting chip count (1500) has been updated and now mirrors PokerStars very closely. I was curious if anyone out there plays SNGs at UB and has had prior experience at Stars at the lower buy-ins. If so do you think one is easier to beat than the other, tougher players at one over the other? Thanks.

bluefeet
08-10-2005, 01:12 AM
i played UB for quite a while before moving to stars (via party). i certainly don't have the volume to do a fair comparison of 'player quality' - so i won't. stars is just far superior than most when it comes to customer service, the software (IMO), etc. UB is still a great place for an occasional MTT - a GREAT selection of lower buy-in tourneys.

08-10-2005, 01:49 AM
UB's single table tourneys are the best in online poker now with the new update, and nobody even comes close.

Jay36489
08-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Care to share why obnoxious one?