PDA

View Full Version : Shock and Awe - Why are they doing this?

nicky g
03-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Why are they flattening Baghdad when the war was going so well already?

brad
03-21-2003, 09:17 PM
im being serious so dont laugh.

i heard (well obviously spring equinox so every religion has stuff going on) that its some sort of satanic holiday.

so im sure its very appropriate if youre a satanist to have a bloodbath to celebrate it.

skull and bones order of death, bohemian grove, etc.

Jimbo
03-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Why are they flattening Baghdad when the war was going so well already?

For the same reason that a dog licks it's balls.
Because we can!!!

Seriously nicky g you would make a terrible news reporter. The coalition forces are hardly flatening Baghdad! Have you been watching the Sci-Fi channel instead of the news broadcasts?

MMMMMM
03-21-2003, 09:51 PM
I think Rummy explained it today. The goal is to get as many Iraqi commanders as possible to surrender in order to avoid unnecessary fighting, and thus far, results have not been sufficient. As Rummy put it, our campaign prior to Shock and Awe hasn't been "persuasive enough."

"Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other"-- I wonder how many Iraqi commanders might be familiar with this saying?

BruceZ
03-21-2003, 09:59 PM
First we chopped one of their legs out from under them. Now we're leaning on them a little.

Pot-A
03-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Nicky,

OK, I'm guessing from your earlier posts you're not really up on the actual mechanics of war. The fact is, the war wasn't going well or badly. The real decision on that score comes when US and UK troops arrive at the outskirts of Baghdad and start to mix it up with the the more loyal and elite units of the Iraqi army in the allys and rooftops. At this point we're just driving through the desert, for the most part.

This was planned from the beginning, and would have taken place earlier except Bush and Co. wanted to give the political situation in Iraq time to develop favorably (i.e. mass desertions or a coup). When that didn't happen, it's back to plan A.

BruceZ
03-21-2003, 10:48 PM
The fact is, the war wasn't going well or badly.

It's a strange war when 8000 enemy surrender on the first day, and it's not going "well".

andyfox
03-22-2003, 02:16 AM
With all due respect, brad, I'm reminded of a line from the movie Bugsy when Siegel tells Lansky he wants to assassinate Mussolini. Lanksy responds by asking him not to tell this to anyone else because if he does nothing he ever says again will be taken seriously.

andyfox
03-22-2003, 02:19 AM
I don't know whether or not Baghdad is being flattened, but shock and awe are probably intended to impress people both inside and outside of Iraq.

Parmenides
03-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Last night's views from Bagdad show the place being flattened. Trusting the US news coverage is like trusting Goebbels to tell the truth in WWII.

I think that we should follow what the Russian, and Al Jazeera newsgroups are putting out, and then use critical thinking to gauge some sort of middle ground. For instance, the government clearly planned to say that Saddam had been killed the first day to dishearten Iraqi resistance. The government would tell us this even though they know it not to be true because propaganda is a powerful weapon.

adios
03-22-2003, 11:11 AM
"Why are they flattening Baghdad"

You mean portions of Baghdad. What percentage of Baghdad has been flattened?

brad
03-23-2003, 03:17 AM
well look im not saying its the main reason or anything.

but look at hitler. its documented he was heavily into the occult and stuff.

now look at bohemian grove. they *admit* to conducting 'mock human sacrifices'.

you know world leaders go there.

if you dont believe the above to be true, let me know.

but if you do, then follow it to the logical conclusion. i mean seriously.

p.s. have you read on the internet the child sex ring stuff that is coming out in britain that reaches into the highest government (ministers and stuff) circles? note though that this is not firmly documented as is bohemian grove. (and skull and bones by the way)

Mikey
03-23-2003, 05:54 AM
"First we chopped one of their legs out from under them. Now we're leaning on them a little"

you got that line from the movie "ROUNDERS"

Mikey
03-23-2003, 05:56 AM
They are hitting strategic targets in Iraq, like..... Sadam's Palace's and government buildings.

"STRATEGIC TARGETS"

We are not flattening Baghdad, although we can.

nicky g
03-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Indeed. When I posted, the pictures that were coming in looked like they were blitzing the whole city. Since then it appears they were concentrating on the government area of town. Though I don't see that blowing up the Ministry of Planning and other civilan-oriented government departments is particularly useful in a war effort.

IrishHand
03-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey - you never know where those evil Iraqis might be stashing military personnel and supplies. I say bomb first, figure out what you hit later!

Stu Pidasso
03-24-2003, 02:09 AM
Last night's views from Bagdad show the place being flattened.

After the dust from some of the flattened presidential palaces settled, I couldn't see how the rest of the city faired becuase of all the glare from the bright city lights(or were those flashlights?).

Stu