PDA

View Full Version : Mini Step 5 - no cards with tight table

SteveKeys
08-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I made my way to mini step 5 and was the first time I had played it or the top of any step. Standard table, pretty tight with a few really aggressive players. I knew I may have to play a few more starting hands early since it wouldn't be like the $10+1's where there is 2 people out in first 2 levels. But the cards weren't coming much. I wanted to play more hands but J5o didn't really seem appealing. I think best hand I had was AJo but it was raised and reraised all-in in front of me.

Level 4 (50/100): still no hands and down to around 745 with only 1 person gone and I still am trying to make stabs with marginal hands but I never even get the chance.

Level 5 (75/150): down to 595 and nothing am I am on BB with J3s all folds to SB (super tight player w/ 680) who limps, I reraise all in hopes of maybe taking down my first pot of the game. He calls with A10 and hits ace and I am out.

Anyways what I am getting too is, how do you play these tournies where its super tight and you don't really have that one shot at doubling early. Should I have waited for a better oppurtunity to steal or wait for a real hand. Do you play super tight and hold on to as many chips as possible or raise hard in hopes of stealing PF with a couple limps or maybe on the flop?

Any feedback from people who play these more often and have experience at these super tight tables woul be greatly appreciated.

Also I know it probably just wasn't my night, but just because I didn't hit JJ or AQ once doesn't mean you don't run into this situation frequently.

Thanks in advance and feel free to flame .