PDA

View Full Version : TPcrapK picks up a flush & gutshot draw on the turn

durron597
08-09-2005, 10:57 PM
What I actually did here was a misclick /images/graemlins/smile.gif. But how should I have played this turn? Call or push? Stars $16 turbo.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t4710)
CO (t3010)
Button (t1025)
Hero (t1645)
BB (t1575)
UTG (t1535)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t300) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, UTG calls t100, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t600) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t300</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t900

lastchance
08-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok, because that fold would have been awful, but not as awful as the TT laydown from the WSOP.

I would have taken my TPNK + 12 near nut outs + 5 decent outs and shoved it in.

durron597
08-09-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, because that fold would have been awful, but not as awful as the TT laydown from the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, seriously awful fold. Just like the fact that my VP$IP% with AA is not 100% /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But he is giving me odds to call and see if I hit. So is it better to take those odds or just go for dead money? He probably has a king with a better kicker than mine, and my draw is pretty disguised.

HighestCard
08-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Meh, sounds like villian has a king that out kickers you, giving you 12 outs for the river which the odds are somewhat close 3.66 for 3:1 pot odds. I guess implied odds would be grounds for a call but I wouldnt want to fool around with this without more chips in my stack. I go with the check fold like you did.

lastchance
08-09-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, seriously awful fold. Just like the fact that my VP$IP% with AA is not 100% /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But he is giving me odds to call and see if I hit. So is it better to take those odds or just go for dead money? He probably has a king with a better kicker than mine, and my draw is pretty disguised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh. Yeah, you're right though. No one's putting you on the flush draw, you're getting odds...

Reads would be lovely here. I think both calling and shoving is fine.

Could have also thrown a blocking bet on the turn. Meh.

durron597
08-09-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, sounds like villian has a king that out kickers you, giving you 12 outs for the river which the odds are somewhat close 3.66 for 3:1 pot odds. I guess implied odds would be grounds for a call but I wouldnt want to fool around with this without more chips in my stack. I go with the check fold like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a gutshot too forgot to put it in OP.

And folding here is terrible, it was an accident.