PDA

View Full Version : 12 3-6 hands

Allan
03-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone I wanted to post some hands from a 3-6 online session from last night. Some look pretty routine. Anyway, thanks for the time and thanks for any comments.

1) I raise an EP limper from EP holding TT. Everyone else folds. HU to flop of 426 rainbow. check bet call. turn is a 3 check bet fold.

2)Folded to me on the button with 33. I fold blinds chop.

3)UTG2 open raises. MP 3 bets and I call with A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif folded back to UTG2 who caps.

Flop is J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif bet call I fold

4) I open raise in EMP with K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Only the big Blind calls. flop is 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Check check. Turn is 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif BB bets I call. River is 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif bet call.

5) Directly proceding hand 4 I get AQ /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 's and open raise I get one cold caller the CO completes a new player post and the BB calls.

Flop is 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif checked to me I bet all call. Turn is 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif checked to me I bet and all call. River is 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Checked to me I bet and only the BB calls.

6)EP limps and folded to me in the bb with 22. Flop is K56r I bet EP raises I reraise EP folds.

7)UTG limps EMP limps I call on the button with 88. SB completes and BB checks. Flop is Q97r. UTG bets everyone folds.

8)CO new player posting a blind (open) raises. I 3 bet in the sb with AJ /forums/images/icons/club.gif 's HU to the flop of T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . bet call. Turn is K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif bet call. river is 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif bet call.

9)3 limpers and the sb pay 1 bet to see the flop. I check in the BB with Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif flop is K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif checked through. Turn is 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif i bet get one caller. River is 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif I bet and opponent folds.

10) 1 limper from EP i call in the sb with A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif BB checks. 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif checked through. turn T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif checked through river is 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif checked through.

11) 2 off the button open raises. I call in the BB with K /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif HU to the flop of 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif I checkraise and get 3 bet. turn is 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif I check raise and get 3 bet i call. river is 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif I bet and get called.

12) I still don't know what I was thinking on this one. UTG open raises and gets the next 2 to cold call I 3 bet with AA. folded back to UTG who caps and we call. Flop is TJQr bet call call I call. turn is T Bet call call I raise and get 3 bet. 1 folds and 1 calls and I call. river is a 6 bet, fold, (me stupid) call.

Allan

Inthacup
03-21-2003, 04:04 PM
3, 4, 5, 11 I have problems with

3. If I have any respect for MP I fold here. You didn't give game texture, so I assume he's decent.
4. If you're going to see the showdown, definitely bet the flop with the intention of checking the turn. There are several reasons for this: 1. Saving half a bet, 2. Getting BB to bet out on river w/ a J, 3. Ability to raise BB on river if you hit, and he bets into you.
5. No way I'm betting the river w/ 2 other players and 4 to a flush on the board. There are several clubs that will call, but not bet out on the river. If it was heads up this decision would be much better.
11. I don't like the checkraise on the turn. He's made it pretty obvious he's got KJ beat. It is a powerful move in representing the flush, but at 3-6 I strongly doubt he's going to fold AA no club here.

Louie Landale
03-21-2003, 05:24 PM
[1] Lets not bother with these routine ones.

[2] Hmmmm. I'd raise. Perhaps if both blinds were SURE to call and I didn't think I could outplay them with an underpair after the flop.

[3] I'd call "one time". You are getting 13:1 and 3 queens are going to give you a winner around 75% of the time, and 2 aces can easily win it for you.

[4] I don't see the point in checking the flop, unless he's like a shark and will bet all the way, allowing you to call him down confidently. Is that what you were thinking?

[5] That 8c is one of the 2 3 worst cards you could have got (6c and 9c) and looks like the kiss-of-death card for your hand. You are now bluffing. If the Jc or Tc are going to fold to your river bet (after they MAKE their flush), they probably would have folded the turn (still trying to make it). I GUESS you may get a stiff 8 to fold. Check.

[6] Curious when compared to hand [2]. I guess UTG has to be the kind of player who will lay down anything against aggression.

[7] See [1].

[8] This situation is probably the most common situation I play the worst in: semi-bluffing and get called twice, and wonder if I should bet again. The problem with THIS hand is that AQ is the only hand you can realistically expect him to fold. If he's gone this far with AT he's paying it off. I'd say check-and-eat-it for this one.

[9] See [1]. However, other readers who are wondering why you bet the river should DEFINATELY see my resonse to [1]. This really IS a routine bet-for-value hand, unless checking and inducing a bluff is in the cards, so to speak.

[10] Hmmm.

[11] Hmmmmmmmm. I'd sure like to see the opponent post the hand from HIS perspective...

[12] Aaaaaahhhh, finally. "I still don't know what I was thinking on this one."

What you SHOULD be thinking is that for AA in a capped pot with 3 reasonable opponents, the worst flops are KKQ, KKJ, KQJ, and QJT (clarkmeister: lets not quibble over this list...). This is especially true if they STILL like their hands enough to keep betting and calling. You can only raise if you have no respect for the opponents at all.

While reading the above hands I was wondering if you were REALLY mixing up your aggression & passivity and adjusting your play for the opponents, or if perhaps you were just reacting to what you felt like at the moment. ... I guess I won't persue that thought any further, but I suspect it may do you some good to do so yourself.

- Louie

Tyler Durden
03-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Hand One is fine.

Hand Two, I'd stealraise against most opponents.

Hand Three, I'd probably fold if I knew these guys didn't raise with bad hands.

Hand Four, bet the flop and chances are you'll win it right there.

Hand Five, the river bet isn't bad assuming you could fold to a raise.

Hand Six is wild play and won't work against most opponents. I recommend against it.

Hand Seven, you may have missed a good raising opportunity.

that's all i have time for now.