PDA

View Full Version : Unorthodox 10 10 hand LIVE

arod15
08-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Here it is. Im at a ultra loose 1-2NL game in NYC.
5 limpers to me i look down at 10 10black on the button
So i raise to 25$(thats standard at the table i know its a bit high but this game has been playing really live)
Sure enough i get 4 callers.
SB calls (121) ULTRA LOOSE ON TILT DOWN 1K on the night
BB calls (210) no read hasnt played much seems weak tight
CO calls (180) good player got bad beat just a bit before
Flop 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks BB bets 35$ CO FOLDS
Hero raises 100$ how's my line? too much? Not enough?
SB shakes his head then says Fu$k it goes all in for 121$
then BB goes into a funk. whining not sure what to do is disgusted. they call time on him then he calls
turn is a 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks
whats your play BB has 64$ left.
Comments on all streets welcome.
Thanks in advance

Ghazban
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
The turn is a no-brainer push. $64 left and there's about $350 in the pot? No way either of you is going anywhere. Based on your descriptions of the players' reactions, it sounds like you're pretty sure you're ahead. The flop is a push/fold decision as there's $160 in the pot ($125 preflop + BB's $35 bet) and, based on your read, pushing is clearly correct.

wtfsvi
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
The only way those $65 are not going into the pot is if villain is on a draw and you check behind and he misses. You have to push the turn, no question about it.

Hand played fine in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with leaving a little bit for the turn when people are clearly pot commited anyway when playing against bad players.

arod15
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Not sure why u mentioned the turn it is obvious as long as there was no heart even if there was i assume i was pot commited had to call looking to fill up. How about the flop too much too little.....

wtfsvi
08-09-2005, 10:11 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Not sure why u mentioned the turn it is obvious as long as there was no heart even if there was i assume i was pot commited had to call looking to fill up. How about the flop too much too little.....

[/ QUOTE ] It appeared to me as if the turn was your main question.

I like the flop raise. Definitly not too much. But as I said, against bad players it's no problem to leave a little bit behind to just push in on the turn when you want a call.

Not a very unorthodox hand.

arod15
08-09-2005, 10:31 PM
The results are unorthodox its suprising to see what BB had

arod15
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Well i pushed the turn he called the river was an A
you guessed it... Nah JK he had QQred
i couldnt understand the reasoning. Preflop most players would reraise he didnt
on the flop that was connected with a flush draw he bet
35 into 100 pot again a mistake in my mind
then he just called the flop i was suprised to say the least. I was almost certain i was ahead. Se la vi next time maybe.