PDA

View Full Version : FPP Store Support: Another reason to love PokerStars

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Included with my Parka from the FPP store was a little box with two pieces of chewing gum. So I sent this...

[ QUOTE ]
Ordered the parka and am very happy with it.

My question is, how do I get more of the gum you guys threw in there?
-Milo

[/ QUOTE ]

They responded...

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Milo,
You are the first person to ask about the gum. We have been sending it out for well over a year. I will see that you are sent a box later this week. By a box, I mean 100 little boxes.

Regards,

PokerStars FPP Store

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, PokerStars

housenuts
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
i too got the gum and was very confused. PS gum, how fun.

i chewed it, flavour lasted under 1 minute

jasonHoldEm
08-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Agreed, the store support (Kaye, IIRC) kicks ass. I've also been hooked up in the past after asking a random question (although my hookup was a little nicer than gum /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

J

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I really didn't like the gum that much. I just thought it was funny, the little pack of gum in the box.

smb394
08-09-2005, 10:17 PM
I was amused when I saw the gum. My parents remarked that they hadn't seen that gum anywhere in years. Moral of the story = even parents initially skeptical of online poker like PStars support.

theben
08-09-2005, 10:40 PM
lol, cool!

A_Junglen
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
back when the windbreaker was still for sale (they said they had limited quanities left) I bought it for 1300 FPP's when it was advertised as 1700...i just asked'em nicely and they sent it.

Pokeraddict
08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Since we are on the fpp topic....

Pardon my ignorance, what is the rubber band thing for that comes with fpp items?

boose_bagina
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
the sheer randomness of the gum far outways the value of any parka

Keith Fellmy
08-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Bet had mints at one time. I tried one and sold the rest on ebay for a decent price for 20 mints. 2 whole bucks I made.

I never even heard of Poker Stars gum.

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since we are on the fpp topic....

Pardon my ignorance, what is the rubber band thing for that comes with fpp items?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to figure that out, too.

hulk3rules
08-10-2005, 12:58 AM
I never got any gum /images/graemlins/frown.gif

vindikation
08-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Got my hat today in the mail...and yes there was a mini Poker Stars pack of gum.

balt999
08-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I've ordered all kinds of merchandise from Stars....Can't tell you how many T-shirts and decks of cards I own....lol

Read my Blog about Poker and Life -- I'll try to entertain and enlighten..

pistolwhipped
08-10-2005, 01:15 AM
The rubber band is to hold a deck of cards! PS support always has an always will rock. Keep on rockin' PS!

Pokeraddict
08-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Can you spam your blog some more today? This is out of hand. How many posts is this you have managed to spam it into?

miami32
08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
The gum is actually used to brainwash you into thinking that online poker isn't rigged while it really is....

Sarcasim....

poker-penguin
08-10-2005, 02:09 AM
I didn't get any gum.

I have been licking my poster of Isabelle Mercier though, so maybe that's why I can't see the true riggedness of online poker?

vindikation
08-10-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The rubber band is to hold a deck of cards! PS support always has an always will rock. Keep on rockin' PS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering WTF that giant rubber was for, thanks.

lighterjobs
08-10-2005, 03:10 AM
ps store support is awesome. i ordered the fleece a while back right before the zip up hoodies came out. when i saw they had hoodies i emailed support and told them i would like my fpp's back so i could order a hoodie instead. they told me my fleece was already in the mail so i could have it for free and got a hoodie also.

bigredlemon
08-10-2005, 03:13 AM
Oh great... now i'm going to play a billion hands so I can order a parka to find out what kind of gum it includes /images/graemlins/blush.gif

08-10-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just emailed them about it and they said it was for stacks of cash. I guess you could go either way.

lighterjobs
08-10-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh great... now i'm going to play a billion hands so I can order a parka to find out what kind of gum it includes /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll bet the gum comes with the 200 fpp stress ball /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2+2 wannabe
08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just emailed them about it and they said it was for stacks of cash. I guess you could go either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Spook
08-11-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"What do you mean you aren't going to send me a stack of cash to use with the rubber bands?" terrible support.

smoore
08-11-2005, 02:43 AM
AFAICT, gum does not come with books... three books in the past year, no gum... but my wife and I have personalized autographs of D. Sklansky now! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

damn, at least the gum TASTES good.

(just kidding David)

MicroBob
08-11-2005, 04:10 AM
i got two books a couple weeks ago and didn't get any gum.

i have never ordered any pokerstars gear via FPP points.
However, I got a lot of the shirts and stuff in the WSOP goodie-package they give you for qualifying.
But even that didn't include any gum.

However, in the very nice duffel-suitcase with all the different pokerstars shirts and hats, etc was an item EVEN BETTER than pokerstars gum:
My very own Greg Raymer bobblehead doll!!!!

bigredlemon
08-11-2005, 05:19 AM
i've ordered shirts and sweatshirts and never got any gum. It might be parka-only?

Alchemist
08-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I got the gum (and rubber band) with my copy of TOP and stress star. This was just a couple weeks ago.