PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding skins, why do they exist?

UATrewqaz
08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Why do many poker sites (Party, Prima, etc) have so many skins? I mean, were they once SEPERATE poker rooms that got bought out? Do they kep em seperate for tax purposes? What's the deal? To me it dillutes the brand name...

tonypaladino
08-09-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do many poker sites (Party, Prima, etc) have so many skins? I mean, were they once SEPERATE poker rooms that got bought out? Do they kep em seperate for tax purposes? What's the deal? To me it dillutes the brand name...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is right, but it is my understanding that the skins are seperate entities, who subscribe to a central network, ie Empire & Eurobet pay Party for use of its network (or they all pay some other party for the network?) Under a system like this, one site could host tables, and make extra money by being a provider to other sites, who in turn could give customers access to more players then they would on their own. Again, this is speculation on my part based on what I've gathered reading these boards for a few months

flafishy
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM
They're not the same company. Party isn't Empire isn't Intertops, etc. Same with the Prima sites and the Cryptos, etc. They are separate entities that subscribe to the same service network.

Interpoker, for instance, has no ownership affiliation with Cryptologic. Cryptologic runs a network of poker rooms, and Interpoker subscribes to and uses Cryptologic's service.