PDA

View Full Version : When the LAG puts you on AAxx (high limit)

JFrank
08-09-2005, 07:32 PM
PLO is not my main game but I've done pretty well with it anyway. What I've had the most trouble with lately in the 10-20 is when the LAG puts you on AA and makes a big play to get you off of it.

Whats the best defense? I've tried checking the flop, betting the turn, same thing happens sometimes.
I know you'll have to just re-raise all in but sometimes just dont feel like I have the right outs in case he has a hand. Does anyone ever check all the way down? Seems so weak....

autobet
08-09-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PLO is not my main game but I've done pretty well with it anyway. What I've had the most trouble with lately in the 10-20 is when the LAG puts you on AA and makes a big play to get you off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the standard play for a lag. I think a whole book can be written on playing AA and KK in PLO.

Your first raise should not mark you with Aces more than 20% of the time.

Whats the best defense? I've tried checking the flop, betting the turn, same thing happens sometimes.
I know you'll have to just re-raise all in but sometimes just dont feel like I have the right outs in case he has a hand. Does anyone ever check all the way down? Seems so weak....

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually bet the flop and see what happens.
You will have to usually defend against ultra lags.
Sometimes, especially when you have totally naked aces, you will need to let it go. It's not a crime to get bluffed once in while, especially in PLO.