PDA

View Full Version : Playing with a table of gamboooolers

mike28
08-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I played in a 2/5 game the other night that was chock full of maniacs. I don't venture into cash games too often, mainly just playing SnGs online. My friend said this game was a goldmine so I decided to give it a shot. These people are insane. Reraising with any pair, mid to high aces, any broadway. Crazy loose agressive. I played a very tight agressive game and made a good bit of money.

They also run a 5/10 game that by their standards are "insane." Apparently there are people straddleing for 1-150 each hand, normally costing 100 or more to see any flop

So needless to say I'm excited to get in this game as well. How should I adjust my play? Just play super tight? Wait on a monster then just bet it huge? Opening with AK then some maniac coming over the top for like 600 more would probably make me puke.

elus2
08-09-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opening with AK then some maniac coming over the top for like 600 more would probably make me puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

mike28
08-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Maybe it's my background in sngs that skews my thinking. Getting into a potential race situation for some retarded overbet just doesn't seem right in my head.

There were times when I'd flop top pair on a boring board (Like a9 on 9 5 2) and I'd lead out for 1/2 or 2/3 the pot and then someone would come over for like 60 more. These are very standard laydowns in SnGs but the fact that these people were the most insane players i've ever seen made me ponder calling.

rwanger
08-09-2005, 08:38 PM
You should want to get it all in preflop with AK against this crowd right? It's either a race, or you're a HUGE favorite against a dominated Ace, like you mentioned.

If you can't stomach losing a few races in that game, then you're playing too high for your bankroll and/or out of your comfort zone.

MINETZ
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
when playing in a game full of maniacs you just have to wait for a monster, dont try to outlag the lags, these games are so profitable in the long run, just be patient.
Noah

mike28
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I just feel like I'm giving pots away by making standard laydowns on the flop/turn to their huge over bets.

Given a straddle, what the hell do i do when I intend to open raise?

Say it's the first hand and everyone's got 500, someone straddles for 50 and you look down UTG and see AK. How much are you pumping this?

thabadguy
08-10-2005, 01:59 AM
200-300, the push any flop.

lapoker17
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Also, limp reraising straddled pots in aggressive games is great.

FoxwoodsFiend
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opening with AK then some maniac coming over the top for like 600 more would probably make me puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't play this game.

creedofhubris
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Say it's the first hand and everyone's got 500, someone straddles for 50 and you look down UTG and see AK. How much are you pumping this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Allin. Actually, probably flat call, wait for someone else to raise, then reraise allin (dead money, baybee). Rebuy if necessary.

Or flat call, and if no one else raises and you miss the flop, you can fold. No biggie there either.

mgsimpleton
08-11-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just feel like I'm giving pots away by making standard laydowns on the flop/turn to their huge over bets.

Given a straddle, what the hell do i do when I intend to open raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

im limping and if anyone raises preflop i'm pushing. otherwise see a flop for "cheap"

mgsimpleton
08-11-2005, 06:42 AM
from now on i will read the thread and just post "what creed said" instead of trying to add seemingly original thought.

RydenStoompala
08-11-2005, 07:26 AM
What creed said.