PDA

View Full Version : Flop semi-bluff

gol4pro
08-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Anyone strongly opposed to this play?

This was my 2nd hand at the table. I literally had nothing to go on, except my gut that this guy was an aggressive idiot. In the first hand at the table, he had raised preflop to 3xBB, then taken it down with a flop overbet. \

I'm playing with a 32BB stack, because I'm not comfortable full-stacked in 1-2 NL against the pacific idiots yet. In addition, I'm a good shortstacked player with very limited deep-stack experience, so for now I'm playing what I'm good at. This will be discussed at another time.

Anyways, this guy (button) certainly appears to be an aggressive idiot through 1 hand.

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in CO. I had to post blind. UTG limps, folded to me, I raise to 4xBB, Button raises to 7xBB, UTG cold calls, I make a crying call.
-- I really want to fold here, but I'm getting 7:1, so no.

Pot 48$ heading to the flop. I've got 52 left.

Flop T /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
-- UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets 6$, UTG folds, Hero...
-- Now what the ####? He raises 3x the first hand, then takes it down with a flop overbet. Now this hand, he min. raises my opening raise, then bets 1/7 of the pot when it's checked to him? This doesn't smell right at all. No way I can fold here, but what the hell does he have? A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif? A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif? I don't think he'd weak lead a made flush, nor would he do this with a set of 10's. In fact, I think he looks just about as weak as possible right here. Any overpair regardless of whether or not he'd have a heart, I think he'd just about bet 2/3-100% of the pot.

Hero check raises all in, for a raise of 46$ on a pot of 60.

Crazy?

taran
08-09-2005, 08:56 PM
His small bet(IMO) means that he doesn't really like UTG who called raise and re-raise.
You will be called there by alot of hands, big pairs, Ah-x sets. So meh. I think for a short stack it is ok. I would fold KQo after UTG called, dominated hand and OOP)

gol4pro
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I thought it was a tricky situation.

He called with A /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

lol.

winky51
08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
At this level the players are... EHUM, not so good.

If you raise the only type of raise you can make is a raise that smells funny, like you want him to call.

Raising all in on poor players pisses them off. They usually think "he's bluffing, I call" even if they dont have any draw or a weak ace. Just like he did.

If your going to chase this on the flop call only. That will scare him more since he had no pair and no draw. VS an unknown at 1/2 NL I assume he is a typical player. Bet when he has it, check when he doesnt.

If you call probably he will check behind you on the turn fearing the flush.

You in a tough position preflop. I think if UTG really had a good hand like KK or AA you would see a reraise from him. He probably has a medium pair or a hand like AT. I would call with 7:1 especially if you think BUT is a LAGI.