PDA

View Full Version : SnG single tables vs 2/3 tables

08-09-2005, 06:13 PM
I've been playing 2/3 table 22/33/55 SnG tournaments for about 2 months and have been making a very good amount of money at PP. I've been reading all this stuff about the singles and it seems you guys are doing pretty well with them. I tried out a few and haven't been doing so well, maybe I'm taking a wrong approach. Any of you guys have any pos/cos between the two and in opinions on which is better?

-CG

Freudian
08-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Fewer bubbles/hour, fewer $ for our Hero.

pokerlaw
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fewer bubbles/hour, fewer $ for our Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

while there are fewer games per hour, the increased payout when you ITM helps make up for that. I have been 4 tabling the 2 and 3 table tourneys on Stars (starting 2 of each) for three weeks now and have done quite well.

They don't last that much longer than the non-turbo sinngle table ones, so my hourly rate has gone up in the process.

TWINUNO
08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Which site do you mainly play these on? Also do you use this forum or the MTT forum to help you through these? The only reason i could think of playing SNG's is it takes longer to get to the bubble in a MTT and if you bust out then its like 1hr 1/2 hour of your time.

Mr_J
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
2-3 table variance is much larger than single table sngs. So single tables allow you to use a much smaller BR. On the other hand, there are probally alot less serious/professional than at the single tables.

pokerlaw
08-09-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2-3 table variance is much larger than single table sngs. So single tables allow you to use a much smaller BR. On the other hand, there are probally alot less serious/professional than at the single tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started 4-tabling the 18 and 27 person $5.50 games three weeks ago wutg a temporary bankroll of 10 buy ins. thanks to some positive variance, I have 100 buy ins and am moving up to the 10s in the near future (FWIW, it took 88 games, 2 weeks, and some kickass cards).

I think the different play helps different styles and the 2+3 tables are definetly worth trying for those who haven't done so yet. the tourneys start w some MANIACS, so it is quite easy to double up early and ride that stack until the final 12 players or so. At the final table, the bubbles are filled with many lucky and happy-to-be-there stacks who are TREMENDOUSLY weak-tight.