PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question

sthief09
08-09-2005, 06:00 PM
so I get home from work and my desktop (not the computer itself. the background with all the icons and stuff) is blank. also, when I tried to click and drag on a blank spot, instead of making that dotted line box, it gave me that O with a \ through it. I restarted twice and same thing. when I try to drag an icon onto the desktop it seems to let me but nothing appears. it's like there's a net over it.

anyone know the cause of this, or a fix for it? is it a virus?

Boris
08-09-2005, 06:01 PM
XDFGHS

sthief09
08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
no one reads the computer tech help board and lots of people here know a lot about computers

I figured it out anyway WITHOUT THE [censored] HELP OF YOU [censored] OOT ASSHOLES

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

asofel
08-09-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so I get home from work and my desktop (not the computer itself. the background with all the icons and stuff) is blank. also, when I tried to click and drag on a blank spot, instead of making that dotted line box, it gave me that O with a \ through it. I restarted twice and same thing. when I try to drag an icon onto the desktop it seems to let me but nothing appears. it's like there's a net over it.

anyone know the cause of this, or a fix for it? is it a virus?

[/ QUOTE ]

you might have your desktop set to work as web page. try a quick google search on that and see if it describes the same thing.

nm: try this,

How to Enable and Disable the Active Desktop

To enable the Active Desktop, right-click an empty area on the desktop, point to Active Desktop, and then click View As Web Page (a check mark appears). To disable the Active Desktop, click View As Web Page to clear the check mark.