PDA

View Full Version : TPA to TAA - help me with PFR's

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Normally when i raise preflop, i either have AAKKQQ when out of position, and AKAQTTJJ when in position, and the raise amount is always the same whether i have AA or AK/TT. (4-5xBB)

My question is, do TAA's make smaller raises when out of position with hands like AK or AQ or less?

This is all specifically geared toward multitabling, $50NL/PL tables with a PFR% of less than 5.

djoyce003
08-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Always raise the same amount. And you are remarkably tight as well.

gol4pro
08-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Although raising the same amount appears to be a very good idea, truth is, most donks aren't paying attention.

My general rule is 7xSB(BB*number of limpers). I guess that's a pot sized raise. With 5 limpers, obviously your raise needs to be a little more significant than it does with 1 limper. 4xBB doesn't go far with 7 people already in.

I'll adjust this slightly based on table conditions and position, but I find this to work very well for the most part.

QQ/AK/AQ are hands I tend to raise a little more than that because I'm completely happy to take it down now. KK/AA are hands that I tend to raise a little less with because I probably want 1 or 2 callers. TT and JJ are nice because it doesn't really matter-- if you get 3-4 callers, just draw to your set and play a weak overpair cautiously.

Also, I'd open up your preflop raising standards a bit. UTG, it's ok to limp JJ/AK/TT/AQ... but in MP3,CO, and Button, there's no reason not to raise 88/99/KQ/KJ/QJs/AJ/ATs. These hands are very easy to play with momentum preflop, and position.

ryanghall
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
You have to raise more when

a) you are out of position
b) there are more people in the pot

Remember that taking down a pot preflop when you are in the blinds with a hand like QQ/AK is never a bad thing.

Ryan

Biggenx
08-10-2005, 03:06 AM
How many sessions should it take before my PT stats start showing my PFR% increase? I set the prefrences to start from today, and after the two hour session i had, my stats barely showed any difference. i played 2% looser (19%) but my PFR% only increased .3%, and i need another 5% to attain the aggressive 7%pfr.

I realize that having my Vol.put$pot% increase automatically means my pfr increases as long as it's not less. But i feel that i really stepped things up with my preflop aggression, i'm not sure where i'm going with this i just thought my stats would immediatly reflect my new playing style.

I wouldn't think it would be the same as BB/100, where it takes thousands of hands to see your true rate. I thought it would immediatly reflect on PT.

fimbulwinter
08-10-2005, 04:06 AM
listen to ryan

fim