PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Hud - Version 0.25 Released - Many Changes and Fixes

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 04:44 PM
(crosspost from Software)

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.25.

Download Version 0.25 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.25:

# New Feature: Transparent background for stats.
# New Feature: Self stats have a separate refresh rate setting in the preferences.
# New Feature: PokerStars layout without player images is now available.
# New Feature: Table averages added: Went to Showdown, Won at Showdown, BB/100, Average Pot.
# Changed Feature: PokerStars support no longer uses the Instant Hand History window.
# Fixed: Saving issue. Saving layout changes will no longer time a long time.
# Fixed: Stats will now always appear when the "Visible" button is clicked.
# Fixed: Rounding issue when using zero decimal places.
# Fixed: Added text to the System Tray icon.
# Fixed: Application will no longer stop functioning if a database cannot connect.
# Fixed: $.50/1 limit problem with PokerStars.
# Fixed: Color range buttons now function properly when switching stats in the Layout Manager.
# Fixed: Minimized windows are no longer drawn on.
# Fixed: Popup stats now work properly with computers that have the mouse buttons swapped.

The biggest change in this version is that PA Hud no longer uses the Instant Hand History window for PokerStars. Instead, you need to specify your PokerStars hand history directory. The disadvantage of this is that observed tables won't have stats displayed. I've done some testing, and StarSpy doesn't write the hand histories in realtime, so it's not really possible to use it with PA Hud to get stats on observed tables. I've added a poll in the Features Request forum of PokerAceSoftware.com. This poll is to whether I should develop a separate application that grabs hands from the Instant Hand History window and writes them to disk in realtime. This application could be used with PA Hud to get hand history information on observed tables. Please vote using the poll I've added.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get in as many changes as I would have liked in this version due to lack of time. Most of my development time has been spent trying to fix bugs, many of which were difficult to hunt down. Those of you who were having performance issues may see these issues disappear with this version. A lot of changes have been made to increase performance, so please let me know if you still encounter performance or memory problems.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So, if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

xLukex
08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
TY Pokerace!

It is now clear that the best poker software around comes from Pittsburgh.

I'm not forgetting Pat, either!

theblitz
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I installed the new version.
It doesn't show my stats anymore.

All I get is N/A or 0.

Was ok before I upgraded.

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll need more information. Did you uninstall the old version before installing? What site/game/limit are you playing? Did you double-check your settings to make sure they are still valid?

theblitz
08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you uninstall the old version before installing?

[/ QUOTE ]
No

[ QUOTE ]
What site/game/limit are you playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Party, Holdem, NL $25

[ QUOTE ]
Did you double-check your settings to make sure they are still valid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what to check. But the layout manager looks ok.
The fields are in the right place - just no values.

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Could you enable logging, and email the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com? Thanks.

IggyWH
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

[/ QUOTE ]

PAhud would be tits if it supported UB /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Hopefully in the next version or the version after that.

SlyGuy
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
What does this mean exactly?

# New Feature: PokerStars layout without player images is now available.

theblitz
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Sent

GrandmaStabone
08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
PA - I have been noticing that your software expires after a certain period, much like PV did before its commercial launch. Is this in preperation for a similar release?

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 07:10 PM
PokerStars offers two way to view the table. One with the circles with images in them, and one without. Prior to this release, PA Hud only supported the table with the circles and images. Now, both are supported.

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 07:11 PM
If you go to the Frequently Asked Questions in the help, it addresses this.

Basically, the expiration is there for support purposes. I only have to answer questions and solve problems for versions that are less than 30 days old.

JimmyV
08-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Fantastic product! Life-altering vs. GT+.

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.26.

Download Version 0.26 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.26:

# Fixed: Self stats problem some people were experiencing.
# Fixed: William Hill self stats problem (hopefully).

PokerStars users: Those of you who want to have stats for observed tables. This functionality will be added back into PA Hud.

Also, I forgot to mention in my last update. I've created a mailing list so those of you who don't follow the forums closely can get email updates when new versions of PokerAce Hud are released. Sign up for this mailing list on the PokerAce Software website.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it. If not, please post here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

TheHammer24
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Can someone post pros and cons between this and GT+?

smartalecc5
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
They bothwork well, however, on Party and Pstars - PokerAce a) shows mucked hands and b)finds tables automatically.

astroglide
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM
donate to this guy, it's great software

oreogod
08-13-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They bothwork well, however, on Party and Pstars - PokerAce a) shows mucked hands and b)finds tables automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well and also shows a ton more stats wise

hemstock
08-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Not having to import every table manually like in GT+ is really neat.

RaiNz
08-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Does it show combined stats from multiple databases like Playerview does?

mrjim
08-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Nice program. The "show mucked hands on river" is a nice little feature.

PokerAce
08-15-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it show combined stats from multiple databases like Playerview does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.