PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Hud - Version 0.25 Released - Many Changes and Fixes

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.25.

Download Version 0.25 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.25:

# New Feature: Transparent background for stats.
# New Feature: Self stats have a separate refresh rate setting in the preferences.
# New Feature: PokerStars layout without player images is now available.
# New Feature: Table averages added: Went to Showdown, Won at Showdown, BB/100, Average Pot.
# Changed Feature: PokerStars support no longer uses the Instant Hand History window.
# Fixed: Saving issue. Saving layout changes will no longer time a long time.
# Fixed: Stats will now always appear when the "Visible" button is clicked.
# Fixed: Rounding issue when using zero decimal places.
# Fixed: Added text to the System Tray icon.
# Fixed: Application will no longer stop functioning if a database cannot connect.
# Fixed: $.50/1 limit problem with PokerStars.
# Fixed: Color range buttons now function properly when switching stats in the Layout Manager.
# Fixed: Minimized windows are no longer drawn on.
# Fixed: Popup stats now work properly with computers that have the mouse buttons swapped.

The biggest change in this version is that PA Hud no longer uses the Instant Hand History window for PokerStars. Instead, you need to specify your PokerStars hand history directory. The disadvantage of this is that observed tables won't have stats displayed. I've done some testing, and StarSpy doesn't write the hand histories in realtime, so it's not really possible to use it with PA Hud to get stats on observed tables. I've added a poll in the Features Request forum of PokerAceSoftware.com. This poll is to whether I should develop a separate application that grabs hands from the Instant Hand History window and writes them to disk in realtime. This application could be used with PA Hud to get hand history information on observed tables. Please vote using the poll I've added.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get in as many changes as I would have liked in this version due to lack of time. Most of my development time has been spent trying to fix bugs, many of which were difficult to hunt down. Those of you who were having performance issues may see these issues disappear with this version. A lot of changes have been made to increase performance, so please let me know if you still encounter performance or memory problems.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So, if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

marand
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Great!

Just installed it and it seems to be even better than before.
Now it doesn't take a minute for get stats for 16 tables like it used to do.
Keep up the good work!

YoureToast
08-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Have you by chance allowed stats to be shown on 2 of the same tables (from 2 different Party skins)? Related to this, do you know if performance has improved if you try to open a Party table that is already open on another skin?

Anyway, thanks again for your work.

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
I haven't done anything about single tables being opened in multiple skins. Is there a reason why you would do this?

YoureToast
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes...Here's what happens...I'm datamining 12 tables and put my name on the WL for 1 of the tables on Party (which is the only place I play). Seat becomes available so I join it. I have to find and close down the other table to get the stats to show on Party. Thats not really that big of a deal (although it messes up the datamining application I use a little). The bigger problem is that unless I close down the other table BEFORE I join the Party table, my computer gets jammed up (100% CPU usage) for awhile and stays that way until I close the other table. Here's what I'd say about it: it basically just an inconvenience, but knowing your desire to have highly efficient code, I figured you'd be very interested in fixing it.

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
That's logical. I'll see what I can do.

ChromePony
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Im trying to run PA on a temporary computer right now that doesnt have the full version of PT installed. I do have my database files, but there doesnt seem to be a way to to read them on their own with just the demo PT. Am I missing something or is it just not going to happen?

I know I can try to get another key from Pat, but this would be my third and Im not sure how many hes going to keep throwing my way. Thanks,

PokerAce
08-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I've never tried using PA Hud with a trial version of PokerTracker. Someone else made a post on the PokerAceSoftware forums saying they were having problems as well. Perhaps it's not compatible.

You should email Pat about a new registration key. He's really good with support and as long as you aren't going overboard, I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out.

TheIrishThug
08-09-2005, 11:21 PM
i don't save my hh's to the default directory, so this is my guess to y the stats r not loading for stars. loaded fine for party.

edit: ok found the "add directory"

excession
08-10-2005, 07:10 PM
am not getting my own stats displayed at party any more - even though I have selected refresh every 5 hands and have them shown on layout screen - any idea what causes this - was working in .23

housenuts
08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
if i install it over my old version will my settings stay the same?

APerfect10
08-10-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i install it over my old version will my settings stay the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they will.

PokerAce
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah, there's a bug with the self stats that cause them not to work for some people. I will be releasing a patch for this probably tomorrow.

The4Aces
08-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I use poker ace hud with SNGS. i open 6 SNGS and then everything works... i bust out of a SNG start another one and Pokerace hud does not display the stats on the new tournamnet. i have to close PA and re-open it.

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
How long did you wait after opening the new SnG before restarting PA Hud?

bobdibble
08-11-2005, 12:57 AM
One of the things I really liked about PE is that it displayed stats within a second or so of opening a window. It didn't require that a full hand history be written out first.

Do you know how they did this? If so, can you replicate it in PA?

It may not sound like a big deal, but it makes a huge difference when selecting a seat.

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 01:49 AM
The best guess I can come up with on how PE instantly displayed stats is that they keep track of the tables on their servers (maybe updating the player list every couple minutes). That, or they have players at the current table that send the current player list when they send the hand history.

In other words, it's impossible for PA Hud to do the same without me setting up some sort of server that would constantly monitor the tables.

bobdibble
08-11-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The best guess I can come up with on how PE instantly displayed stats is that they keep track of the tables on their servers (maybe updating the player list every couple minutes). That, or they have players at the current table that send the current player list when they send the hand history.

In other words, it's impossible for PA Hud to do the same without me setting up some sort of server that would constantly monitor the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible that they were reading the player names right off the window? Is the text for the player names in a querriable control that you can read the text value of, or can you only get at it as graphics?

The4Aces
08-11-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How long did you wait after opening the new SnG before restarting PA Hud?

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt matter how long i wait... sometimes i dont open it right away and 10 minutes later still no new stats on the new tables. it does say N/A for table stats and my own stats in the bottom right corner.

oreogod
08-11-2005, 05:06 AM
I would really like to see the following stats- I truly think these are some of the most important.

Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ flop
Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ turn
won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ river

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice upgrade by the way

Mizzles
08-11-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! adding this would be HUGE. I always have to check the player notes for this stat, which requires me to right click on the player.

When I do this, POKERACE window opens up for the player about 1/2 the time. Couldn't this be changed so only a left click brings up the big pokerace window?

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they were reading the player names right off the window? Is the text for the player names in a querriable control that you can read the text value of, or can you only get at it as graphics?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do this then they are clearly violating the terms of service for Party. They clearly state that applications cannot read information from the poker window.

The PE developers may not care about violating TOS, but I do.

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it doesnt matter how long i wait... sometimes i dont open it right away and 10 minutes later still no new stats on the new tables. it does say N/A for table stats and my own stats in the bottom right corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you enable logging and once this happens again, email the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com ? Thanks.

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would really like to see the following stats- I truly think these are some of the most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are on my list. Hopefully in the next major release.

Altaslim
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Have been trying PA for the last couple days. It's gonna replace GT+ for me. I really like that PA reads from multiple databases. Thanks!

PokerAce
08-11-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YES! adding this would be HUGE. I always have to check the player notes for this stat, which requires me to right click on the player.

When I do this, POKERACE window opens up for the player about 1/2 the time. Couldn't this be changed so only a left click brings up the big pokerace window?

[/ QUOTE ]

Version 0.25 fixes the problem with players who had the left and right mouse buttons swapped in windows. Have you tried this version?

YoureToast
08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice upgrade by the way

[/ QUOTE ]

oreo, I think this must be a hole in my game; how do you use these stats? In other words, how would it affect your decisionmaking?

The4Aces
08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
ya ill log it...

krishanleong
08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd like to check this out but can't get to the website. Anyone help?

Krishan

PokerAce
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Are you still not able to get to the website? It seems to be up and running fine.

Are you behind a firewall? If so, make sure you aren't being blocked.

taylor
08-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I play strictly SnG's. Say I'm playing at four tables - is there a way to have the stats (and just the basic four displayed on the 'layout page') just for each individual game/player shown to me in overlay mode as I play them? I don't care about past histories. I just want to know how many hands each player has played, how many pre flop raises etc.. Is that 'real time' ?

I've been trying soo long to have this with PV, GT and now this Hud and I just can't do it for some reason. I've been through the tutorial. Must I have a database entry on the player to get their stats JUST FOR THAT GAME? I do well one tabling and want to play more at a time with just that little bit of help. Is it possible and wtf am I doing wrong.. sooooo frustrated

I have Norton security and I see no mention of any blockage there. Any help appreciated beyong belief.. yes, I'm a computer dummy but I think I have it set up right. Arrrghhhh /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Currently, there's no way to just use a player's statistics from the current session.

There will be a way to limit the stats by the current session only in the future, but for now, you get stats from all the hands from that player.

alta_chuttes
08-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Is there any way Poker Ace HUD could display stats for hands that are being reviewed using pokertracker's hand replayer function?

StacysMom
08-13-2005, 01:07 PM
For some reason PA is not automatically picking up Interpoker tables. Do I need to do something speacial to have it do so? I'm using v 0.25

taylor
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Pardon this possibly silly question:

So when I play a sit n go, and there are 3 players at the table that I've played against before in sit n go's (using PokerTracker), their stats will be overlaid and the other players will show nothing, correct? Is there a program that displays just stats for the individual sng?

Second (for anyone who can help):

How do I datamine other sit n go tables (while I'm playing or not) to gather more information against my possible future opponents. And, is any of it relevant in sit n go's due to the escalating blinds and change of pace throughout the tourny?

Thanks /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way Poker Ace HUD could display stats for hands that are being reviewed using pokertracker's hand replayer function?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently, there are no plans for this. If it's requested by enough people, perhaps I could do it.

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason PA is not automatically picking up Interpoker tables. Do I need to do something speacial to have it do so? I'm using v 0.25

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to add the same LOG directory that you set in PokerTracker to the preferences in PA Hud. See the Help -> Topics for more information.

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So when I play a sit n go, and there are 3 players at the table that I've played against before in sit n go's (using PokerTracker), their stats will be overlaid and the other players will show nothing, correct? Is there a program that displays just stats for the individual sng?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is correct. There are no applications that I know of that displays the stats for the current SnG only.

PokerAce
08-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.26.

Download Version 0.26 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.26:

# Fixed: Self stats problem some people were experiencing.
# Fixed: William Hill self stats problem (hopefully).

PokerStars users: Those of you who want to have stats for observed tables. This functionality will be added back into PA Hud.

Also, I forgot to mention in my last update. I've created a mailing list so those of you who don't follow the forums closely can get email updates when new versions of PokerAce Hud are released. Sign up for this mailing list on the PokerAce Software website.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it. If not, please post here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.