PDA

View Full Version : Apartments w/o Trash Pickup

RacersEdge
08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
This is irritating as hell. Apartments expect you to carry your trash all the way to the dumpster yourself. For me, that's like a quarter mile - and you either put it in or on your car.

How common is this situtation around the country?

jakethebake
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is irritating as hell. Apartments expect you to carry your trash all the way to the dumpster yourself. For me, that's like a quarter mile - and you either put it in or on your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware there was anything else? There are apartments where they come get your trash right from your apartment?

warlockjd
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Very common in Indiana. Put the trash on the hood or trunk and drive s l o w l y

stabn
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
You had to know this before you moved in right? So what's the problem.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I've only seen this at college student type apartments in MI, WI, and MN. It is pretty crappy if they don't have dumpsters somewhat close to everybody.

Shajen
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Nah bro, pretty damned common every where I've lived in Atlanta. A few places have trash chutes, but the most don't.

And these are nicer apartments, not ghetto.

It's common...at least here.

dtbog
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you pay a solid waste fee?

If not (or if it's cheap, or if you don't care about money)... is there a curbside pick-up service where you live?

RacersEdge
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I had trash chutes before - just a 10 second walk away.

It causes so many problems - of course people are going to just leave it outside their door for a day or so.

I don;t see why someone in a pickup truck can't come around a couple times a week. I'd pay for it.

jackdaniels
08-09-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It causes so many problems - of course people are going to just leave it outside their door for a day or so.

I don;t see why someone in a pickup truck can't come around a couple times a week. I'd pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. Start this service and move to a place that doesn't have this terrible "feature".

Isn't Capitalism great?

astroglide
08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
standard in st louis

Smackdab
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Standard in IL although I think we have a local ordinance that they must be within so many feet of the units. I'm sure 1/4 would be within that range.

RacersEdge
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. Start this service and move to a place that doesn't have this terrible "feature".

Isn't Capitalism great?

[/ QUOTE ]

If had a pickup truck and needed some money, I would have already put the signs up around the apartment complex - maybe charge $10 a month.