PDA

View Full Version : would you have gone broke here?

PokerGoblin
08-09-2005, 03:56 PM
20 person PLO8 SNG on party.

7 players left. Blinds are 100/200. I am in MP w/ 3k or so in chips. Villian has me slightly covered.

Party Poker (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero LIMPS, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets the pot T900</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I push he calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Villian shows A-3-4-10 DS with no diamonds.

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I might stick in a preflop raise there, but given that flop and the likelihood of him calling even a preflop raise, you're going to go broke without help. Just a bad break.

BTW most of the PLO8 threads are being posted in the O8 forum, you'll get more traffic there.

PokerGoblin
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I forgot about the other forum sorry.

I'll link to it from there.

PG

m bozeman
08-09-2005, 06:15 PM
You have a ton of "outs" to hit on the turn, and the 9 is probably one of the worst cards you could see; yet you push?
Why not either check, or bet smaller, and see what villian does? No, I would not have gone broke on that hand.

emptyshell
08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
So you would fold if the villain pushed? Actually, I think the 9 is a decent good card since it gives you top two pair and he might get an A2+decent kicker to fold with a turn push.

I feel like in these tournaments you just have to pick your spot and go for it.

PokerGoblin
08-09-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not either check, or bet smaller, and see what villian does?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point I had about 2100 left, with 2700 in the pot. I don't see how I can lay this down? How do you put him on a 9?

What's the least amount I can bet without looking weak? I think about T1200 would solve that, but that would leave me with T900 left, might as well put it all in if I am going to bet at all.

I think checking and folding the turn is very weaktight IMO.

PG

PokerGoblin
08-09-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like in these tournaments you just have to pick your spot and go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Unfortunately, I think my biggest error was overestimating the fold equity of a push. I would expect to fold a lot of hands there... I personally would fold my opponents hand in that spot. He had lose he would have had less than 500 chips.

Oh well, next tournament.

PG