PDA

View Full Version : Is this too aggressive? First round of SNG with 3000 chips

Vetstadium
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I am in a $33 SNG after 4 hands sitting with 3k in chips. Obviously almost 4x chips as everyone else. I am BB with AK someone preraised to 100 with a caller I pushed all in. I know kind of bullyish but I am willing to take coin toss with my current hand and chips I have. I want to put them to the test my question is this too aggressive?

1C5
08-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Not a bad play.

What do others think of calling and then simply folding if there is no A or K on the flop? Sure it is 100 chips but you have 3000.

Freudian
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a bad play.

What do others think of calling and then simply folding if there is no A or K on the flop? Sure it is 100 chips but you have 3000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling is better (and folding is definately a viable tactic). The raise is pretty big (assuming this is still level 1) and if you add a call I think there is a pretty good chance AK isn't the best hand preflop.

Personally I would play normally until level 4. Make the same plays you would normally and then when blinds start to hurt use the bigstack to steal/bully.

durron597
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Personally I would play normally until level 4. Make the same plays you would normally and then when blinds start to hurt use the bigstack to steal/bully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nottom
08-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I think calling or raising are fine.

If I raised I would probably just make it 375 with the intention of calling a push. This is a stronger move IMO and makes hands like 99-TT less likely to call.

chopstick
08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling or raising are fine.

If I raised I would probably just make it 375 with the intention of calling a push. This is a stronger move IMO and makes hands like 99-TT less likely to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this raise. It's much better because it shows a lot more strength, which makes them fold a lot more often. If they don't fold, they are very likely to shove, in which case you still have an easy call.