PDA

View Full Version : Some observations on playing ALOT of sngs...

Mr_J
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I know haven't been playing hardcore for long (36hrs lol), but I've noticed a few things.

1. Bad beats don't bother me. All I'm thinking about is starting another sng, and playing XX sngs a day.

2. Results don't really matter. I had a very unlucky day yesterday, but the loss didn't bother me. I realize that I won't run bad forever, and that 1 day of results means nothing with the turnover I'm getting.

3. It's actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was. Yesterday was alright, but I was tired. Today I'm actually having a ok time (like watching a movie). Got the music up and time passes by alot quicker.

4. I've decided to drop down to 80 sngs a day. It's definately MUCH more doable for me. ~2hrs less work a day really makes a difference and gives you alot more flexibility. Can take proper and regualar breaks. I'm splitting the 80 up into 3 sessions of 27 or 4 sessions of 20.

5. I don't think I'll hate sngs after this. If anyhing, I'll be more willing to put in decent hours (say 3-4 a day). Course I'm only 2 days in, I might feel differently in a few weeks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Silly number of 2+2ers at the $22s.

Only problems I might have are my wrists/fingers and my eyes. I've been switching between my left and right hand for the mouse. My heater (winter nights in Aus are cold) dries my eyes.

Sabrazack
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
1 loosing day doesnt bother me either, 5 consecutive loosing days playing 60 sng:s a day definately does. Bad beats dont bother me either, only when i take 14 in a row to make a nice OOTM streak. I guess one gets more and more used to it, someday 5 loosing days might not bother me...

brimstone1
08-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Look away from the monitor (look at wall, door, etc) every 10-15 minutes, blink, shut your eyes and let them re-moisten themselves. That should take some of the strain off in the long run.

1C5
08-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Really, do you see lots of 2+2ers at the 22s? I would think there would be so many games that you shouldn't see them that often.

I have played almost 1000 22s in the last few months and I didn't see that many forum members playing them.

1C5
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
ps, what are your screennames, I will try to stay off your tables at the 22s until you move up.

Mr_J
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
"only when i take 14 in a row to make a nice OOTM streak"

I had a nasty streak yestery, about 1/15 itm (a 3rd). Didn't notice it was that bad, just knew it wasn't great. That obviously isn't too bad, point is I didn't worry about it or really notice it.

I think playing a large number just puts things into perspective.

" 5 consecutive loosing days playing 60 sng:s a day definately does."

Showing a loss after 5 days won't bother me (400 sngs), since I'll still have another 2k sngs to do over the next 25 days. All I'm thinking about it getting in the sngs, and the profits will follow.

I'd consider +10k when I'm done to be a very poor result, but I'd still be happy with it. So my $/hr sucked, the effort is over and I've got a nice chunk, and I think to me that's all that will matter.

If I do play the 2400 sngs I plan to, I think I will have proven alot to myself.

Slim Pickens
08-09-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only problems I might have are my wrists/fingers and my eyes. I've been switching between my left and right hand for the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have three different cursor control methods that I can use simultaneously.

1) Laptop touchpad.
2) Trackball mouse.
3) Game controller mapped to mouse motion and buttons.

In addition, I have a USB number pad that I can keep wherever to avoid having to reach the laptop keyboard to type in bet amounts. The game cotorller is nice for the early rounds where I'm just doing a lot of folding. I transition to the trackball for poooshing, although I may solve this with some better game controller software.

Isura
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Only problems I might have are my wrists/fingers and my eyes. I've been switching between my left and right hand for the mouse. My heater (winter nights in Aus are cold) dries my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a good logitech mouse if you don't have one. The optical and wireless ones (MX700 I think is mine's name) is very nice.

yabastid
08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
"I'm splitting the 80 up into 3 sessions of 27 or 4 sessions of 20."

Am I reading this correctly that you are 20 or 27 tabling the 22's?

Hendricks433
08-09-2005, 02:50 PM
I dont think so. I think hes playing 20 or 27 then taking a break before he starts more. but I could be wrong.

Mr_J
08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yeh each session is 27 sngs with a break in between (1hr breaks). Takes a little longer, but it should keep me fresh. Do things like exercise and maybe a cold shower on breaks. Nothing to do with looking at a screen. Anyway that's the end of my break, back in it...

yabastid
08-09-2005, 03:10 PM
GL, Mr J- Anxious to hear how it all goes.