PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 QQ OOP gets passive on turn

ryanghall
08-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Empire 400NL full ring.

I have $396, Villain (32/3/3 after 30 hands) has me covered.

I get Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB

3 limps, PF poster checks, 2 limps, I raise to $38. BB calls. All limpers fold.

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet $90, Villain calls. (Should I just bet 2/3 pot or so on this flop?)

Turn is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he pushes, I fold.

Comments?

pmuir10
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
i think your fold is correct here.

ps. ryan, i think its awesome that you post your 2/4 hands in SSNL, because i think they are applicable and everyone can learn from them. most people here are also well qualified to respond. it would be nice though if you could put in pot size on each street though, making it easier on the people who do respond...

foldem
08-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I think the A should be more of a scare card for your opponent than you. He isn't flat calling your flop bet with AK. I think if you push the turn there is a chance you can get him off of KK here.

Edit: pushing is probably a little excessive, bet 135 and fold to a raise.

amoeba
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
good fold.

how do you play AK in this situation?

ryanghall
08-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Flop? Same. When I hit the Ace on the turn? Same. He had to have called the flop bet with something and if he pushes he doesn't seem particularly concerned with the Ace. Most people here aren't ballsy enough to push here with air.

Ryan

amoeba
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop? Same. When I hit the Ace on the turn? Same. He had to have called the flop bet with something and if he pushes he doesn't seem particularly concerned with the Ace. Most people here aren't ballsy enough to push here with air.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think I should clarify by saying do you check the turn when you hit the ace or do you lead again?

I think fold is good with AK here.

foldem
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
how are you playing the turn if a low blank hits?

fuzzbox
08-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Once he calls my big raise I am very very suspicious, and yes I bet 2/3rds pot on the flop and check fold also.

foldem
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Assuming you will lead a ragged flop with AK and you put your opponent on AA-QQ after cold calling the big raise doesnt betting half pot on the turn make sense. Is KK/QQ really going to continue?

fuzzbox
08-09-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you will lead a ragged flop with AK and you put your opponent on AA-QQ after cold calling the big raise doesnt betting half pot on the turn make sense. Is KK/QQ really going to continue?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want him to get it into his head that I might be weak and try to bluff push

foldem
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
He would have to be crazy to bluff push giving you 4-1 on a call. Does a half pot bet look weak or more like value betting?

ryanghall
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I guess the reason I didn't bet half pot is that I normally bet full pot in these situations whether I have a hand or not. That is possibly something I should consider changing in big pots like this one.

Ryan

the 9
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I dont know about image/history with villain so take mho with a grain of salt /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not many hands push when you check that ace - it looks like AA to me, not many hands just call that raise pf either.
The ace didnt seem to scare him, unless he just read you for what you had and knew you'd muck to a push?
Seems like something is up here though - either a set or nothing makes this move, I would also most likely fold AK here against reasonable villain as another poster mentioned.

I would raise less preflop too, you are OOP and raised nearly 10BB - you are attracting decent players behind to either try and flop a set or outplay you. The pot is the size of your stack on the turn and gives you headaches because you have 1 pair.

ryanghall
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I raised a lot because I was OOP, almost certainly had the best hand and because the pot size was large already.

Ryan