PDA

View Full Version : Going to Peter Luger tomorrow night

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Suggestions?

I remember something about bacon from a previous NYC steak restaurant post but don't think it was for Luger specifically.

Shajen
08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
eat http://www.duoja.se/bilder/kossa.jpg

Ulysses
08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Everything food-related in these two threads re: Wolfgang's relates to Luger 100%.

1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2553911&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1) 2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2592613&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

megantw
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions?

I remember something about bacon from a previous NYC steak restaurant post but don't think it was for Luger specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luger has an appetizer that is thick-cut bacon. You order by the slice. Put sauce on it. Good.

Eurotrash
08-09-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

just remember that how rare you have your meat served determines your worth as a human being.

this is going to be vital for the trip report.

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

just remember that how rare you have your meat served determines your worth as a human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think I'm going to go to Peter Luger and order a steak well-done, waiter brings it to the table SOS from the chef, I say screw you, send it back, have them butterfly it and cook it more? Worry not, my friend.

El D (or others), what would you estimate is the size of the porterhouse? Your other post mentioned this cut was large enough to feed 3 at Wolfgang's, but given the limp bent (no offense) of some of your food/beverage consumption posts lately I'm a little uncertain what that means coming from you.

I'm wondering if there's any chance I could reasonably take down a porterhouse down solo. (regularly eat 28-oz steaks, for reference)

Ulysses
08-09-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think I'm going to go to Peter Luger and order a steak well-done, waiter brings it to the table SOS from the chef, I say screw you, send it back, have them butterfly it and cook it more? Worry not, my friend.

El D (or others), what would you estimate is the size of the porterhouse? Your other post mentioned this cut was large enough to feed 3 at Wolfgang's, but given the limp bent (no offense) of some of your food/beverage consumption posts lately I'm a little uncertain what that means coming from you.

I'm wondering if there's any chance I could reasonably take down a porterhouse down solo. (regularly eat 28-oz steaks, for reference)

[/ QUOTE ]

You just order "Steak for 2" "Steak for 3" etc.

jnalpak
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
taking down "steak for 2" is not a large feet by itself

order 2 slices of bacon each,fries,cream spinach then steak for 2 is just fine. Dotn forget the SHLAG and Sundae, im sooo fat!

party of 4 of real MEAT EATERS should go with (s for 3)

!MEDIUM RARE! The pussies can sear it on the sideplate!

PS, i love NYC food threads /images/graemlins/wink.gif

megantw
08-09-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

El D (or others), what would you estimate is the size of the porterhouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

The porterhouse for two, filet section already devoured.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/megantw/hungrymegan/PeterLuger/meat.jpg

I wish I had something for scale in the picture. The spoon is about 8 or 9 inches long. SFer and I both have very healthy appetites and are barely able to finish the Porterhouse for two (after a slice of the bacon each and sides of potatoes and creamed spinach). I seriously doubt you could consume the porterhouse for two by yourself, but it's worth ordering anyway.

kenberman
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt you could consume the porterhouse for two by yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

it's challenge time baby!!

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

El D (or others), what would you estimate is the size of the porterhouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

The porterhouse for two, filet section already devoured.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/megantw/hungrymegan/PeterLuger/meat.jpg

I wish I had something for scale in the picture. The spoon is about 8 or 9 inches long. SFer and I both have very healthy appetites and are barely able to finish the Porterhouse for two (after a slice of the bacon each and sides of potatoes and creamed spinach). I seriously doubt you could consume the porterhouse for two by yourself, but it's worth ordering anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddam that looks delicious. I'm thinking with sides, we'll just split a porterhouse... if they have porterhouse for 3 as ElD mentioned, that'll be the play.

I'll try to snap a shot of the steak we get with something that I know is 8 or 9 inches long in the frame, for future reference.

megantw
08-09-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Goddam that looks delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Look at all the clarified butter! The server spoons it on the first few slices that are served on you plate, and I spoon more onto my plate as I go along.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking with sides, we'll just split a porterhouse... if they have porterhouse for 3 as ElD mentioned, that'll be the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

After two slices of bacon each and a shared serving of fries (SFer also ate all of a side of creamed spinach), we were barely able to finish the steak, and I was left to battle dessert alone. The two of you would have to be tanks to finish the cut for three AND sides. If you are able to finish, I applaud you.

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking with sides, we'll just split a porterhouse... if they have porterhouse for 3 as ElD mentioned, that'll be the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

After two slices of bacon each and a shared serving of fries (SFer also ate all of a side of creamed spinach), we were barely able to finish the steak, and I was left to battle dessert alone. The two of you would have to be tanks to finish the cut for three AND sides. If you are able to finish, I applaud you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting one thing. My friend and I both have the Y chromosome.

The gauntlet has been thrown.

Ulysses
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goddam that looks delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Look at all the clarified butter! The server spoons it on the first few slices that are served on you plate, and I spoon more onto my plate as I go along.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two people

Bacon (must do)
Caesar salad?
Steak for three
Creamed Spinach
Cottage Fries
Dessert?
Beers, wine.

That will be quite the meal!

megantw
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you realize that chromosomes aren't the only factor in determining size of appetite and that you're saying this not because you're ignorant, but because you like to "throw the gauntlet".

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you realize that chromosomes aren't the only factor in determining size of appetite and that you're saying this not because you're ignorant, but because you like to "throw the gauntlet".

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, my number one priority in this forum is [censored]-talking, not scientific accuracy... as you know, similar ignorant assumptions are made about fat people and appetites. My friend and I are a cumulative 12 feet tall and 300lbs. We will still inhale this meal with ease.

Now: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

Ulysses
08-09-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, my number one priority in this forum is [censored]-talking, not scientific accuracy... as you know, similar ignorant assumptions are made about fat people and appetites. My friend and I are a cumulative 12 feet tall and 300lbs. We will still inhale this meal with ease.

Now: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, for the record, confirm what your planned meal is. TY!

colgin
08-09-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to bring cash (and lots of it) or you will be washing a lot of dishes.

jakethebake
08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
How do they cook that bacon anyway? I assume given the thickness that they don't just fry it in a skillet. Is it broiled or something? Are there spices added?

tonypaladino
08-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Most important: BRING CA$H!!!!!

I can't beleive no one said it so far, you all must be fronting, and have never really been to Lugers /images/graemlins/grin.gif Or maybe I'm just tired and missed it, whatever.

No credit cards accepted, except their own charge card.

Tony

tonypaladino
08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Dang you beat me by 2 min

colgin
08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't beleive no one said it so far, you all must be fronting, and have never really been to Lugers /images/graemlins/grin.gif Or maybe I'm just tired and missed it, whatever.

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed it. See my post above.

Wintermute
08-09-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Please, for the record, confirm what your planned meal is. TY!

[/ QUOTE ]
Bacon
Porterhouse for 3
Creamed spinach
Hash browns

(YW!)

Thanks for tips about cash, duly noted from ElD's previous threads.

tonypaladino
08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed it. See my post above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, your post wasn't there when I hit reply. See my comment about you beating me by 2 mins. /images/graemlins/smile.gif