PDA

View Full Version : Help me have lucid dreams.

David04
08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
They sound very cool, I think it would be interesting to have lucid dreams. Where do I start?

I have Googled this, and found some guides, but they are hard to read because they are badly written.

Matty
08-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Our lucid dream expert doesn't usually sign on until the evenings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Hamish McBagpipe
08-09-2005, 01:32 PM
The key to having lucid dreams is to eat a big hunk of cheese just before going to bed. Sometimes I do this on purpose because it always works. The more cheese the better, cheddar seems to work best, but there is always the danger of being stopped up for a few days, so make sure to eat lots of veggies the next day for firepower.

megantw
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.dreamviews.com/learnable.php?sid=

siccjay
08-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Start writing down everything you can remember about your dreams as soon as you wake up.

It's a start. It's as far as I got because I'm lazy.

The other night I did wake up from a dream and then fall back asleep right into the dream, which I thought was pretty sweet.

Luzion
08-09-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They sound very cool, I think it would be interesting to have lucid dreams. Where do I start?

I have Googled this, and found some guides, but they are hard to read because they are badly written.

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone that doesnt know, usually when you dream you arent "conciously" aware of how bizarre of everything is and you just take everything for what it is. Lucid dreaming is when you "wake up" conciously inside the dream and realize everything is not real; with that you can conciously control all facets of the dream itself to whatever you want.

http://www.ld4all.com or http://www.ld4all.com/forum/ is hands down the best forum for this kind of stuff. Start off reading the beginner techniques and move up to more advanced things. Btw, I still practice lucid dreaming in fact and am able to achieve it regularly. If you need help I would gladly give you some tips.

Good luck! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ILL34GL3
08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I only remember one lucid dream. I knew it was a dream because I was arrested and put into jail for jaywalking. It was so ridiculous that I think it helped me "wake up" in my dream. So I sexed this chick in my jail cell.

Wish I'd thought to try flying or something.

smokingrobot
08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
watch waking life.

then think about all those philosophical views proposed.

then go to the library and ask the librarian where the books on lucid dreaming are.

i here it helps to chant to yoruself before you fall asleep some sort of positive reinforcement along the lines of "im going to have a lucid dream tonight"

i had a moment of lucidity in a dream in which i lost my sunglasses and i realized i was dreaming, and pow, i had another pair. unfortunately that was it, and it was just that stupid.

Luzion
08-09-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watch waking life.

then think about all those philosophical views proposed.

then go to the library and ask the librarian where the books on lucid dreaming are.

i here it helps to chant to yoruself before you fall asleep some sort of positive reinforcement along the lines of "im going to have a lucid dream tonight"

i had a moment of lucidity in a dream in which i lost my sunglasses and i realized i was dreaming, and pow, i had another pair. unfortunately that was it, and it was just that stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That technique you explained is called MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream).

Ok, how about I just explain a very simple technique for you all to induce a lucid dream. This is a very simple technique, but it takes practice. The idea is to do reality checks throughout the day for a few weeks.

A reality check is something you do to see if you are dreaming or are still in reality. Here are some classic examples...

- In a dream, you never have exactly 5 fingers on a hand.
- In a dream, clocks and watches you see never move correctly. The hands move in strange patterns, or in digital watches, the numbers change in weird patterns.
- If you hold your nose in a dream, you can still breathe fine.
- If you turn on a light switch in a dream, nothing happens
- If you try and cross your eyes to look at your nose, it isnt there

So basically, you wanna be doing a high number of reality checks during your day. Keep looking at your hands and confirm conciously that you have exactly 5 fingers per hand. Do it everytime u goto the bathroom, or sit down on your couch/desk.

The idea is that eventually when you dream, you will dream of yourself doing a reality check purely out of habit. And once you do, you will "wake up" inside your dream because you realize something impossible just happened.

This is how I achieved my first lucid dream using special techniques; by doing reality checks over and over and using the 5 finger hand check. I was dreaming and I checked my hand for no good reason and I had literally 8 fingers on my right hand. I then "woke up" inside that dream, and said to myself, "Hey! Im in a dream!"

Oh, and btw... next time you have a lucid dream, you should try doing some fun stuff. Run around punching people in the face or ripping clothes of girls or something.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

theBruiser500
08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
thanks for the post luzion very interesitng

Leo99
08-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Make yourself a dream pillow (stuffed with hops and whatnot) or drink a very hoppy beer before bedtime. Something like Victory Hop Devil or Troeg's Hopback ale.

miajag81
08-09-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The key to having lucid dreams is to eat a big hunk of cheese just before going to bed. Sometimes I do this on purpose because it always works. The more cheese the better, cheddar seems to work best, but there is always the danger of being stopped up for a few days, so make sure to eat lots of veggies the next day for firepower.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh much more than it probably should have.

gorie
08-09-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh much more than it probably should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

LethalRose
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I Also hear asking yourself throughout the day "am I dreaming?" will trigger you to ask it during a dream.

Luzion
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I Also hear asking yourself throughout the day "am I dreaming?" will trigger you to ask it during a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr... I just wrote a lengthy post above that tells you how to do reality checks. And reality checks are how to test throughout the day if you are dreaming or not.

Rev. Good Will
08-09-2005, 11:54 PM
switch lightswitches on and off many times during the day, and when you eventually dream of it, the amount of light you see is never changing, so you'll know you're dreaming. have fun!

David04
08-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Okay, I am about to go to bed and want to start this tonight. Should I just keep a pen and notebook by my bed, and when I wake up instantly record my dreams? How detailed should this be?

08-10-2005, 01:51 AM
I recently had some very vivid dreams that seemed real. It was like it really happened. The first one was where I won about 3 million dollars in a poker tournament. No joke. It was very real and I actually had the feeling of being a millionaire. It was fantastic. I can't remember the 2nd one , though.

Luzion
08-10-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I am about to go to bed and want to start this tonight. Should I just keep a pen and notebook by my bed, and when I wake up instantly record my dreams? How detailed should this be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If you wake up in the middle of night, try to write quickly before the dream fades. Just some general notes with a few descriptions so you can wake up in the morning and remember what your dreams were. Then go back to sleep before you fully wake up so you can dream some more.

Oh, and dont look down on the importance of writing down your dreams. Its trains you to retain your dreams so you actually "dream more." Its very possible to have dreamt an awesome super vivid lucid dream, wake up and not even realize that you had one because you didnt train your mind to hold onto the dream.

toddw8
08-10-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make yourself a dream pillow (stuffed with hops and whatnot) or drink a very hoppy beer before bedtime. Something like Victory Hop Devil or Troeg's Hopback ale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious about this?

I've been drinking a lot of hoppy beers lately, and coincedentally (or maybe not) I've also been having some lucid dreams.

These dreams have been the type where everything seems to be going wrong. Either the computers break down at work and customers are backing up forever, or it's finals week and I realize there is a class on my schedule that i forgot about all semester and I'm going to fail it. Kind of the grown up version of the dream where you get to school and realize you are in your underwear.

Anyway, I've been having dreams like this lately and in the dream I realize that I'm dreaming and it doesn't matter that everything seems to be going wrong. After I come to this realization I usually wake up.

Just wondering if this could actually have something to do with drinking hoppy beer?

08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
hi im new 2 this forum im 22yrs old male and from the uk this is my 1st message he goes any how.

22 august 2005

ok right i was looking for a music producer called astral

projection and by mistake i ended up finding a site

about lucid dreams. i was intriged so i kept reading,

after reading a few paragraphs i came 2 realize that i

have had lucid dreams in the past, ie i have dream't of

flying and being able 2 control where i fly and i can still

remember the emotions i felt while flying thru the air,

so after reading that night i when 2 bed and was

wondering if i would have a lucid dream.

dream diary from last night

i remmember walking down the road hitchhiking and

not having any luck i could see the cars and lorries

pasing but none would stop. then i rember walking

ontop of a moor it was dark but u could just about see.
i was with my mate oliver walking a moterbike that

wouldnt start over the moor. next thing i remeber is

seeing a igloo wich had a strange door if i touched the

door it would move hard 2 explain how the door moved it

was like a spit u cook a pig on, it rotated and it was made

of wood. after that i remeber seeing the king of hearts

playing card it was spinning right in front of me i

thought it was strange. but i rembered what i had read

b4 i had gone 2 bed about if u see somthing that is

impossable u must be dreaming so i told myself in my

dream that i was dreaming, and i got this strange

sensation as i told myself this. i remmeber thinking i am

gonna see if i can change the scene of my dream i cant

remmeber what i said or what i did but. i did something

and i was at a party with my mates, i was in the middle of

the crowd with all my mate jumping about and just as i

realized that i had changed the scene of my dream i got

really exited and woke up and couldent get back into it.
anyway that was my first lucid dream and i cant wait till

ive mastered my technique