PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ITM hand

45suited
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Blinds 100-200. Near normal sized raises had been taking pots pre-flop.

Button (HERO) (2490)
SB (2170)
BB (3340)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO[ Jd, Td ]
HERO raises (525) to 525
SB folds.
BB calls (325)

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Kd, 2h, Ad ]
BB bets (200)
HERO calls (200)

<font color="blue"> Obviously, I thought about pushing this flop, but villain had been very loose calling people's pushes. I figured I'd call and make a play on the turn. I was afraid that he had some piece of the board and that a push would appear weaker than just calling and betting the turn.</font>

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5s ]
BB bets (200)
HERO raises (1000) to 1000
BB calls (800)

Oops. Oh well, still have plenty of outs.

** Dealing River ** : [ 7s ]
BB checks.
HERO checks.

BB had a pair of 6s (!) and took the pot. I still had t765 left after losing this pot and I got lucky and came back to win the tournament.

Obviously if I had known that his holding was as weak as 66, I would have pushed the flop. But he was so loose that I thought that he'd call a flop push with a K and that my line looked less suspicious.

Was this FPS or does anyone else like my line against an opponent such as this? Would any of you guys have called my turn raise with 66?

Comments on all streets appreciated. I thought that this hand was very interesting.

08-09-2005, 12:20 PM
With 66, I would not have min bet, let alone call the reraise, but you said so yourself, villain has been very loose calling all ins. What makes you think he wouldn't call your reraise with 2650 and 800 to him? (My math could be a bit off) Plus the 5s hitting the turn lowered your odds of hitting an out, so I would just call and play the river accordingly.

45suited
08-09-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think he wouldn't call your reraise with 2650 and 800 to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point... I just didn't think that he had an ace, and that my turn raise would get him off a lesser hand. Maybe I should have just pushed the turn or the flop. Again, against this guy, I probably would have just lost all my chips as it turns out.

I should just stick to the obvious plays, I suppose, but I have heard alot of talk on this forum recently about pushing the turn in spots like this in order to disguise your draw.