PDA

View Full Version : Using "On Tilt" Table Image to Your Advantage?

08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
With about 30 left in a 70+ person online tourney, I was sitting in 10th position when I was dealt pocket jacks. A shorter stack about 25th in the tourney at that point made a 3xBB raise preflop, it was folded around to me I put him all-in, he calls with pocket 4s. He flops a 4 and takes about 2/3 my stack. Of course this did not make me happy so I said "Lucky F***", which got him and the table all riled up. There were some more words exchanged back and forth the next few hands, so my table image is now "On Tilt A-Hole." At this point a few things occurred to me: calm down and then use this image to your advantage. The rest of the way when I pushed all-in or pushed heavily pre-flop I was consistently called by much weaker hands and made it all the way back to get to the final table. I am a TAG player, so they were not calling me because of a previous LAG image. Am I onto something here or just reading too much into this?

DyessMan89
08-09-2005, 11:49 AM
I use this to my advantage all the time. Whenever I take an awful beat, I pretend like its affecting me more than it actually is, and then find a spot where I can exploit this with a solid hand. (you need to get the hands, though)