PDA

View Full Version : Play vs. Real

08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I play at pokerroom.com, and in sort of an effort to stretch my budget, and yet still get real money results, I've split my time between $5+.50 real money SNGs and $500+$50 play money SNGs.

I have read the FAQ, and I already know my sample size is woefully inadequate, but the results are intriguing, at least so far.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
place real play
1 7% 17%
2 18% 17%
3 4% 18%
4 7% 12%
5 21% 6%
6 11% 0%
7 11% 6%
8 14% 0%
9 9% 12%
10 0% 12%
</pre><hr />

So it's clear I suck, but not nearly as badly as the play tourney players, I guess. In real money, I wind up in the top half a lot, but that clearly isn't good enough.

I am beating the real money rake (but only because one of the 1st place finishes was a $10+$1), but barely. I am slaughtering the play money tables.

tigerite
08-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Play money means nothing. At party (if you can ever get on the tables), you can get in the "money" by folding in virtually 90% of the games, and that's no exaggeration.

Wes ManTooth
08-09-2005, 11:50 AM
First off, you don't suck that bad (i know that sentence sounds very very bad).

In real money, your 7%(1st) 18%(2nd) and 4%(3rd) equals 29% in the money, this is not that bad. I take it that you have not been playing that long overall, so 29% ITM is relatively good for beginners. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish by posting this information in regards to Real and Play money SNG games, continue to read this forum and this should help your game.

warning, reading this forum has changed my game negatively but for most people this would not happen. Good Luck

tshort
08-09-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$1.30 loss per tourney isn't bad. About -$2 per hour. Much cheaper then going to a movie or going out to eat.

I would stop with the play money and browse this forum. PLay money is making you worse.

Wes ManTooth
08-09-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would stop with the play money and browse this forum. PLay money is making you worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definately agree

Havok
08-09-2005, 01:13 PM
The way people play in the play money sit n go's is so one dimensional, and unlike real money players. I say stick with the 5.00 tournaments for a while to practice, and move up ocassinally to try out some harder players. I play on poker room alot, and don't feel like I'm challenged with real players unless ironically it's real money.

P.S. Whats your poker room screen name.

jgunnip
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i definately agree

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I started with PokerRoom play money and I thought it made me better in the long run.

Just realize that you can't build a stack in real money by calling those first hand openpushes in the play money games /images/graemlins/smile.gif

microbet
08-09-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
warning, reading this forum has changed my game negatively

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why don't you change it back?

Wes ManTooth
08-09-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way people play in the play money sit n go's is so one dimensional, and unlike real money players. I say stick with the 5.00 tournaments for a while to practice, and move up ocassinally to try out some harder players. I play on poker room alot, and don't feel like I'm challenged with real players unless ironically it's real money.

P.S. Whats your poker room screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

AllCounty95

TheSalche
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

especially with your avatar