PDA

View Full Version : Cashing an intl. check (euros), wachovia is screwing me

RiverFenix
08-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I have a 300 euro check from a housing deposit return that I am looking to cash. Wachovias policy is that if its under $200, theyll do it for very small fee. If its over (mine is ~$350) then they want $75 to do it. No other local banks will do this for me since they send theirs out through wachovia. I think its BS that for a 150 difference, im losing half of that. Do I have options here? Airport?

Also, the check is just addressed to me, there is no bank account number linked to it. The wachovia person said that makes a small difference but wouldnt say much more.

ChipWrecked
08-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I used to just deposit my bonus whoring checks, never had more than a $3 fee, even on a $1200 check. Checks were made out in USD though, maybe that makes a difference.

DemonDeac
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Checks were made out in USD though, maybe that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD!!!

ChipWrecked
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
D'oh.

I thought maybe it was 'cashing' vs. 'depositing'.

RiverFenix
08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Cashing/depositing is basically the same thing since Wachovia is my main bank.

Jersey Nick
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
1. Bitch to bank management until you get the reasonable fee and an explanation. Threaten to close your account and post bad things about the bank on the internet if they don't.

2. See if the company/person that wrote the Euro check would be willing to send you the money via wire transfer instead.