PDA

View Full Version : A90 Whats my move here?

Havok
08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Single Table....Results to follow after advice.

4 people left...standard 3 payouts

Blinds 100/200

Hero 3rd in chips with 1,200BB
Small Stack 470
Villian 8,500 on the Button

Villian has been raising it up quite often with marginal hands, I've called and gone all in once before to become 3rd in chips and not last.

Villian raises 400 on the Button 700 total in the Pot

Hero with A90 in BB Down to 1,00 left after the blinds

tigerite
08-09-2005, 09:28 AM
A9o, I guess you mean. Depends. Are you in the SB? I wouldn't push - he will call for sure.

Havok
08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Sorry, left some important info out. I'm in the BB and down to 1,000 after the blinds with already 700 in the pot. Villian keeps raising the short stacks blinds every chance to blind us out.

tigerite
08-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Got you. Is Villian in SB or the button or similar?

Havok
08-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Button

tigerite
08-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Hmm. I take it he is likely to fold to the small stack the next hand to keep the bubble alive. Also a double up from the small stack and you're in deep crap here. So, although I really don't like it much, call and then push any flop.

Havok
08-09-2005, 09:59 AM
So your basically saying do a stop and go? Do you think Villian might call with any two cards or actually fold there though. I mean. I would be down to 800 in chips making the pot total 900. He would be getting better than 2 to 1 on any two cards and he has over 8,000 in chips, so my folding equity is slim. If I had more chips I love the idea, but I feel its fold or push unfortunatly, and I was hating it the whole time. Any other suggestions?

tigerite
08-09-2005, 10:02 AM
If you push he's going to call anyway, may as well give him a chance to lay down on the flop..

Don't forget, he will miss the flop 1 in 3 times, and even though it is still the same 2 to 1 odds, it doesn't quite look as appealing with only two cards to come for his hand. Plus, you never know, you might hit A99. I did a stop and go with AK last night and it came KKx.

Havok
08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Hmmm. Okay Good argument. I think you just convinced me of a better play. In retrospect it may have worked. Or at least had a better chance of him folding.

So here's the results of what really happened.

I go all in Pre-flop....villian calls with King/Queen /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I'm real happy at this point

Turn a Blank

River Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and Villians pair of Queens beats my 9,s and I'm out. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

In retrospect, I should have folded and let the short stack get blinded out to get in the money, but I'm liking the stop and go more here. I wonder if he would have called anyhow though just to bust me. But, I've been in similar situation hands before, and keep getting a mix of all 3 opinions, and I'm still trying to figure which is the best.

tigerite
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't think you should fold here, you can't at all guarantee the short stack will be blinded out before you, just one double up and he's equal with you, the Villian may also try to keep him around to prolongue the bubble, I'd take him on here, but I wouldn't push with a marginal hand like A9o.

Maybe he would have called the push.. I don't know. But at least there would have been at least a small chance he didn't

schwza
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I take it he is likely to fold to the small stack the next hand to keep the bubble alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? hero is SB next hand.

to the OP, what is the 2nd guy's stack and where are he and shorty sitting?

tigerite
08-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Hero is the SB next hand? How, when he's the BB this hand.

Havok
08-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Actually I will edit the post, but 2nd chip position player is in the SB with 3,700 small stack was on the button and Villian was one off the button.

Havok
08-09-2005, 10:49 AM
No thats right, I would have been the small blind next hand. And the very next hand short stack goes all in and busts. He was probably just waiting for me. I should have folded. If I only had known he would have went all in and busted....LOL

tigerite
08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Ah, sorry, I had a blonde moment there. Yeah but if you hadn't busted, he probably wouldn't have done it.

schwza
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I will edit the post, but 2nd chip position player is in the SB with 3,700 small stack was on the button and Villian was one off the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so in 2 hands the big stack can refund the small stack. i like a stop n go now.