PDA

View Full Version : Some nice mlb value today

whipsaw
08-09-2005, 09:18 AM
I think the Texas ML is a huge line to attack at +173 (Pinny). Benoit has been very good on the road, racking up a 2-0 record and a 0.34 ERA over 26 innings (2 starts + some relief). Clement has been good this year, but not so good in his last three home starts, including a gift win last time out against the Royals when he gave up 6 over five innings. I think Clement is starting to run out of gas. Take Texas's nice hitting and Benoit with that SWEET +173 line. I think that line is at least fifty points off.

Comments?

ctv1116
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Clement's head might not be too clear.

mrbaseball
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I like this one too. The only thing I don't like is that Benoit has never even gone 6 innings yet in a start. Means we see that crappy bullpen almost for sure. But until Clement shows something (post beaning) I'm going to assume there is nothing to show. He was already falling off before the head shot. Both teams have awesome thump and non-existant pens. So the the difference is Clement vs Benoit and homefield and I think Benoit is an easy choice at this price given Clements recent shakyness. It's all about price and I don't see much pushing this off of a flip. 50 cents is a good call.

jmillerdls
08-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I agree about the value...I have 14 picks today, most I have had all MLB season. We'll see how it works out.

mrbaseball
08-09-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 14 picks today

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! There's 15 games, which one don't you like /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scalf
08-09-2005, 01:59 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif..

kinda like a guy who buys in at holdem; plays every hand for 45 min; then does not play a hand: i.e. see the flop; ya really wonder what that hand was...

lol

gl

/images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

chiachu
08-09-2005, 02:19 PM
if whipsaw and mrbaseball both like it, then so do i /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Im also on the A's and White Sox moneyline today

jmillerdls
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
well, several games have more than one play...which isn't unusual for me...but for this many games it certainly is.

mrbaseball
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I figured that (totals, runlines, reverses etc). I was trying to make a joke /images/graemlins/smile.gif

whipsaw
08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't see huge margins with either one, although I think the Sox bet is better. Chacon has pitched pretty well lately, but so has Contreras. The Yankees have yet to see that nasty, nasty split-finger this year--they could be whiffing all night long.

I think the A's are overpriced against a very good Lackey. The line looks solid, if not in LAA's favor.

jmillerdls
08-10-2005, 02:09 AM
well, went 9-5
+4.84 units...not too bad.