PDA

View Full Version : Discovery

Ringo
08-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Congratulations Discovery on a safe and uneventful landing!

KaneKungFu123
08-09-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations Discovery on a safe and uneventful landing!

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else regretting taking 100-1 on bodog that it'd explode mid air?

otctrader
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Everyone get your checkbooks out; average cost of a mission is a mere $1.3 billion.

Ringo
08-09-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone get your checkbooks out; average cost of a mission is a mere $1.3 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.. highly expensive. I'm a hugely pro-space programme, and think both the shuttle and space station should be scrapped.

It's hard to get the publics backing and support, when it costs so much, and delivers so little. The space station is a bit of a white elephant, and were it not for the fact that so many other countries were involved, NASA should have scrapped it long ago. The shuttle programme could be used for repairs to Hubble and stuff, but other than that, I'm all for scrapping it.

NASA should then get the countries that were involved in the ISS to become involved in a manned mission to Mars. A positive, scientific challenge that involves and unites countries of the world would be excellent. As it is, we're stuck with a crappy space station that I'm sure the countries involved with it are regretting.

ChipWrecked
08-09-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we're stuck with a crappy space station that I'm sure the countries involved with it are regretting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's frustrating is that we need an orbital station in which to build the long-range vehicles. The fact that ISS is a piece of crap is just sad.

touchfaith
08-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow, no way! You mean they had to land in California???

What a shock.

Why does the rest of the country even exist?