PDA

View Full Version : Probabilities in Omaha8.

sunek
08-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi

I have just learned the basic rules and some starting hand requirements for Omaha8. However I still need some basic information about the game like; the chance of being dealt at least one pair, the chance that only two or fewer low cards will appear on the board. I know that a lot of the probabilities is the same as in hold ‘em but some things seems to be Omaha8 specific.

Links to webpages or articles will be appreciated.

Best regards

sunek

Quicksilvre
08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
www.o8poker.com (http://www.o8poker.com) is excellent.

LetYouDown
08-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Considering the lack of Omaha resources out there...I was considering creating a site. That's not a bad one, but it's pretty bare bones at this point. If anyone would be interested in contributing to content/mathematics...PM me. Could also use someone creative that wouldn't mind sketching some kind of a layout. I could probably get pretty in-depth with it. Just another one of my half baked ideas I guess.

Indiana
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Great site man. Lots of the probabilites will be similar to holdem when considering the odds for your drawing hands. Obviously the board decides the nuts, 2nd nuts, etc the same ways as it does in holdem. One difference is that your odds of most hands like pockets are going to go up because you get 4 cards rather than 2. You will also have to take care in counting your outs as some of them may be in your hand and unusable.

Indy

gergery
08-09-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll be happy to put up other info if people share it with me

--Greg
www.o8poker.com (http://www.o8poker.com)

LetYouDown
08-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Few constructive suggestions for your site:

1.) Get rid of the frames...or at the very least the borders.
2.) Use graphics for headers, instead of plaintext.
3.) Build a forum. (might be redundant with 2+2's...but you should be able to code your own relatively quickly)
4.) Change the color scheme.
5.) Write a simple hand converter that shows the graphics instead of the letter representing the suits.
6.) Possibly set up some kind of mailing list (could be done in 1/2 hour with a simple database).
7.) FDM where new players can submit questions.

All assuming you want the site to grow as opposed to just being a really simple reference.

gergery
08-10-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Few constructive suggestions for your site:

1.) Get rid of the frames...or at the very least the borders.
2.) Use graphics for headers, instead of plaintext.
3.) Build a forum. (might be redundant with 2+2's...but you should be able to code your own relatively quickly)
4.) Change the color scheme.
5.) Write a simple hand converter that shows the graphics instead of the letter representing the suits.
6.) Possibly set up some kind of mailing list (could be done in 1/2 hour with a simple database).
7.) FDM where new players can submit questions.

All assuming you want the site to grow as opposed to just being a really simple reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome feedback. Thanks very much.

Sadly, I am html-retarded so will need to find help for several of those suggestions.

--Greg

LetYouDown
08-11-2005, 08:41 AM
No problem. Let me know if you're interested in any help...I do most of that type of stuff for a living. Would be refreshing to help on a site where I actually care about the content /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.