PDA

View Full Version : Prahlad Friedman tilts away $100K+ on UB in about an hour

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Damndest thing i ever seen, i watched Aplusgame247 give The Awesomest (who is this guy?) around $90,000 in under 30 minutes. Then he gave some other guy a little over $10k. With 134 observers, it wasn't long before the 3 player 50/100NL table turned into a full ring game.

Tilted doesn't begin to describe what Prahlad was going through.

And yeah, his hands were crap, almost all of them (one bad beat, but he slowplayed pocket Aces checking the flop, so he kinda deserved that one too)

goodguy_1
08-09-2005, 08:02 AM
wow I assume The Awesomest was the main benefactor of Prahlad's generosity..he is sitting with $113K right now...like to hear some more details..

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 08:19 AM
first Prahlad (with about $30k) was all in against Awesomest (with about $28K) i didn't see the hand but i was alerted by a msnm friend who had seen the tail end of the hand. Awesomest had a full house, i think Aplus mucked, but i assumed he had trips w/ top kicker, or got out setted.

After that Aplus just started going nuts, the kind of nuts you see when psycho limit players try NL for the first time. He went all in preflop with AdQd and got called by Awesomest with 88. The rest was a blur, he just wouldn't stop. He kept trying to bluff with crap (literally he either had nothing or he had bottom pair rag kicker), and kept getting called by Awesomest.

Jazza
08-09-2005, 08:23 AM
interesting, although i'm not a good enough player to tell, it appears that wwwnvrwinpkr sat in and is tilting a bit, and Awesomest is winning some more, he's almost 120k now

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah, and i've been watching dill pickle (mike matasow) ask everyone he meets to send him money. Seriously, yesterday he asked Aplus to send him money about 15 times in the chat window, no joke, he wouldn't stop asking him. Prahlad never replyed once. Now he's asking neverwin for $20k, and neverwin said he didn't have much. Mike says " you had $300k yesterday"

neverwin says " i sold all for cash at commerce"

Mike says " send 20 over then "

didn't mike just win $1M at the wsop ???

nmt09
08-09-2005, 08:32 AM
wow, and here I am a little pissed by my five game losing streak....

He needs to get out and not tell his wife, lol

jman220
08-09-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He went all in preflop with AdQd and got called by Awesomest with 88

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be some serious tilt for his opponent to call an all in in a cash game with 88. Or am I missing something that only occurs at these super high limits? I mean, his opponent is calling for a coin flip at best...

capone0
08-09-2005, 10:51 AM
he had 90k on the table. you can call allins for 1/9th your stack with pocket pairs especially when Prahlad is going crazy.

jman220
08-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh, I was picturing them having roughly equal stacks, and goign all in for a 60k pot, nevermind.

capone0
08-09-2005, 11:00 AM
This was the action. Prahlad Opens for 3x bb with 109 suited for 3 x bb (300). Awesomest makes it 1400 to go with J8. Flop comes 887, Awesomest bets 1800, Prahlad pushes for 30k. Awesomest calls, running A, A. Awesomest scoops a 60k pot.

reddred
08-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Prahlad is probably still tilting from Jesus ferguson's quad aces heads up at the WSOP circuit event......

mmbt0ne
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Having $1M somewhere, and having $1M that you can immediately deposit into UB for a shot at a tilting PF are two completely different things.

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having $1M somewhere, and having $1M that you can immediately deposit into UB for a shot at a tilting PF are two completely different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

He asked PF for money yesterday, he asked neverwin for money last night After PF's ubertilt. Somehow i doubt it would take long to deposit money if he had any, i can deposit money immediatly even if i'm broke.

Nigel
08-09-2005, 04:59 PM
48k pot to Mike, who called his 8 high all-in.

I feel like I have seen Mahatma and APuls logged in at the same time. Aplus is definitely PF, 100%?

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
48k pot to Mike, who called his 8 high all-in.

I feel like I have seen Mahatma and APuls logged in at the same time. Aplus is definitely PF, 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

[mahatma- UltimateBet | Royal Vegas
Also sometimes uses the names Spirit Rock, Devastator, and Aplusgame247. Prahlad Friedman, a professional poker player who has, in the last couple of years, moved from the brick and mortar setting to the internet for the majority of his play. He can most often be found in at least 2-3 of the $25-50 and $50-100 NLHE tables at a time on UltimateBet, playing as Mahatma.] - http://www.pocketfives.com/2D0D3A3C-7A3F-440B-9481-232F4FF83069.aspx

i didn't think so either, this is my source, it could very well be wrong. BUT mahatma(UB) and Zweig(prima) haven't been playing since Aplusgame appeared, now Aplusgame is often sitting by himself at the 50/100NL tables, just like what Mahatma used to do all the time. I haven't seen anyone that could be Prahlad at Prima so far. (i always saw Zweig on Prima when Mahatma was on UB, they were always 'sitting out' at the exact same times, and i heard Zweig was Prahlad from twoplustwo.)

capone0
08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
it's definitely him, mike even refers to him as prad at the table.

Biggenx
08-09-2005, 07:13 PM
oh yeah, i saw neverwin ask how much $ prahlad blew..

I couldn't believe Mike started going off on how good players are judged on how well they play stuck. what a p o s. He begged him for money yesterday, and then talks crap about him the next day.

stinkypete
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He asked PF for money yesterday, he asked neverwin for money last night After PF's ubertilt. Somehow i doubt it would take long to deposit money if he had any, i can deposit money immediatly even if i'm broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like to see you get $20k+ into a poker site "immediatly"

Alex/Mugaaz
08-09-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggenx always makes claims without knowing the facts, nothing new here.

Biggenx
08-10-2005, 12:06 AM
and you're always quick to point out my mistakes without giving any explanation. What useful posts

Alex/Mugaaz
08-10-2005, 12:13 AM
I gave detailed explanations every time beforehand, and you chose to ignore it. If I want to completely was my time I'll go play WoW instead. I feel a little lame responding to this again, and I agree my personal shot was petty and uncalled for, so I aplogize to all for being a douche.

fimbulwinter
08-10-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just put 60K on a site today. took about 1 min.

fim

Sponger15SB
08-10-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

wellllll aren't you just so special /images/graemlins/frown.gif

stinkypete
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not exactly the same when you already have it in neteller or whatever you happen to use.

FlyWf
08-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Don't UB inter-player transfers take emails to support, and thus time?

Unless you play 50/100 NL or similar uberhigh levels, if you can get $20K onto a pokersite immediately you're badly mismanaging your money. Interest bearing account-&gt;neteller-&gt;poker site is probably a multi-day process.

jdd12
08-10-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uninterestingly enough (though odd), I could've sworn that Ultimate Buddy showed Mahatma and Aplus logged in at the same time last night. Aplus was on the table, Mahatma was just logged in.

B Dids
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
APlusGame247 is not always SR from most reports. Right now he is, but at other times somebody else has used that account.

fimbulwinter
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't UB inter-player transfers take emails to support, and thus time?

Unless you play 50/100 NL or similar uberhigh levels, if you can get $20K onto a pokersite immediately you're badly mismanaging your money. Interest bearing account-&gt;neteller-&gt;poker site is probably a multi-day process.

[/ QUOTE ]

60K is nowhere near adequate for 50/100NL.

I manage my money quite well thank you. part of that plan is investing some of it in a large working roll.

J. Sawyer
08-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Wonder what % of friedman's Roll that was.. poor guy

bicyclekick
08-10-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, wooo - so I can make a couple hundred dollars interest per month and miss out on opportunities for a much larger reward and have a lot of hassles OR I can keep 10-25k in neteller and not have to worry about it.

PorscheNGuns
08-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Someone should take his shoe laces from him.

-Matt

Biggenx
08-10-2005, 03:07 PM
My whole point was that Mike was rudely asking other players for money, and even though i don't fully know what history there is between Prahlad and Mike or Neverwin and Mike, it seemed clear that neither of them were interested in giving him any money.

Even if it does take a couple days for Mike to transfer money into his account, he should have taken a break from playing rather than beg other successful players, IMO he was leaning on his celebrity status to somehow guarantee their investment.

But again, i'm ignorant about these matters, maybe it's common for pro poker players to borrow money from eachother, it just didn't seem like it when Mike was doing it.

Biggenx
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Actually, i don't think it was a very large chunk, $25k of it was money he had won at the table, and considering that he will often play as many $10k buy-in tables as are available, a $75k swing shouldn't make too much of a dent.

I'd say, at most, he just lost his earnings from the previous week of crushing the tables. He reloads so quickly/effortlessly, i picture in my mind a 5K BB roll.

slickpoppa
08-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My whole point was that Mike was rudely asking other players for money, and even though i don't fully know what history there is between Prahlad and Mike or Neverwin and Mike, it seemed clear that neither of them were interested in giving him any money.

Even if it does take a couple days for Mike to transfer money into his account, he should have taken a break from playing rather than beg other successful players, IMO he was leaning on his celebrity status to somehow guarantee their investment.

But again, i'm ignorant about these matters, maybe it's common for pro poker players to borrow money from eachother, it just didn't seem like it when Mike was doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no Mike Matusow fan, and I never ask anyone for money, but in high limit circles it is pretty common for players to temporarily lend each other large amounts of money.

Biggenx
08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
I didn't mention it earlier, but the 'mouth' is my all time least favorite player, Hellmuth is 2nd even though i don't entirely hate watching him play.