PDA

View Full Version : more value bet debate

stripsqueez
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
i guess i think this is a bit close but i think i bet - i would appreciate some views

10/20 6 max - AA in the cutoff - folded to me and both blinds pay the raise

flop is 6h 3c 7c - check/check/bet/call/call

turn is 9s - same action

river is 5s - check/check/?

no-one will be called a wussy if they wish to advocate check

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

TheMetetron
08-09-2005, 02:26 AM
If they advocate the check they are a big wussy.

This isn't as bad as the guy check calling his 2 pair against a 3 flush river, but it is bad. Missing value bets sucks.

aK13
08-09-2005, 02:40 AM
I would bet, probably fold to a raise.

I think the closer decision is if the board is 5678, but I'm fairly sure I would bet/fold this board too.

kiddo
08-09-2005, 02:56 AM
None of the cards really make a lot of sense so bet. You will more often get 1 fold and 1 caller with small pair + A kicker.

Its worse if flop is like 986 and a 5 or T hits river, because its such a big chance 1 of them is checkcalling openended, at least if they are a bit passive.

baronzeus
08-09-2005, 03:04 AM
That's pretty much a horrible river, certainly worse than having the 8 hit. I'd say it's probably very slightly +EV to bet but getting raised sucks.

baronzeus
08-09-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
None of the cards really make a lot of sense so bet. You will more often get 1 fold and 1 caller with small pair + A kicker.

Its worse if flop is like 986 and a 5 or T hits river, because its such a big chance 1 of them is checkcalling openended, at least if they are a bit passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's also reasonably likely that one of them has a hand like K8 here and didn't want to lay down the flop with 2 overs plus a backdoor flush and straight draw or something.

I guess it would take some specific reads about the [censored] they peel with. I also may have monsters under the bed.

TheMetetron
08-09-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely have monsters under the bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

It's definitely a +EV bet. Getting raised does suck. But this is the life we choose.

baronzeus
08-09-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely have monsters under the bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

It's definitely a +EV bet. Getting raised does suck. But this is the life we choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I bet here too. And I get raised. And I call. [censored] poker.

BTW, Bay101?

How many of you pay off this raise BTW? Because with the double straight possibilities, you know it's coming.

TheMetetron
08-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Let me know when.

JrJordan
08-09-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't think this is that tough a value bet. Most people who hit this straight are donk betting it out of fear that you'll let it check through. A c/r is probably easy to fold to since you're in a 3-way semi-protected pot and getting "only" 10.5:1 ish.

Surfbullet
08-09-2005, 03:46 AM
I bet without thinking here when I'm on autopilot.

When I'm not on autopilot, I reminisce for a minute about all the odd hands they could be calling with, decide that more 1 pair hands will pay me then odd rivered straights or 2pairs that went for a ballsy c/r and bet anyway.

Surf

Trix
08-09-2005, 05:33 AM
It doesn´t seem that close to me. A7 seem close here though.