PDA

View Full Version : One Pair of Queens

etizzle
08-09-2005, 01:03 AM
villain is 34/24/1.4

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
CO raises, button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain bets, hero raises, villain calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
bet-call.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, villain bets, Hero folds.

am i nuts?

wackjob
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
I hate check raising the flop with 2nd pair HU. Much rather lead &amp; go from there.

etizzle
08-09-2005, 02:22 AM
come on guys is this really so uninteresting?

On the river it seems in of those times where it is so obvious that I'm check-calling that I can't imagine a hand I beat betting the river.

someone help me out here.

TheMetetron
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
You have to call the river the way you played it.

Lead and take it from there. Leading is way underdone in this forum and it is really a great tool. I lead with monsters, I lead with trash steals, I lead with mediocre hands. I get to define my opponents hand before they can define mine. Gets me lots of extra bets.

Lead good.

etizzle
08-09-2005, 02:36 AM
what sort range of hands does he bet the river with after calling the turn that I beat. Jx9d? I can't see him betting an underpair here, I think he would take the free showdown.

Also, I'm not sure about the flop lead. I think we accomplish the same thing except this way gets 2 bets in with the very likely best hand as opposed to one.