PDA

View Full Version : River donkbets part 1

goofball
08-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Some guy does that to me on the river. I want to raise.

One limper in EP, I raise on the button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, SB calls and limper calls.

SB is the villian and his stats look like 58/9.7/2.3 in about 60 hands. I haven't noticed any specific eccentricities other than the general looseness indicated by the stats.

flop is 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villian in the SB bets, limper folds, I raise, villian calls.

His most likely hand range include a flush draw and any pair.

turn is a 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Probably not a flush draw, but he called the flush card on the turn so top pair or another pair with diamond looks like his range now.

river is a T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets, and I want to raise. Do I?

baronzeus
08-09-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't know if you did or not, but I usually do. It's costly sometimes but I feel like I'm ahead 66.7 % of the time or whatever.

etizzle
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
raise it. He doesnt have a flush or T4 or T2 or 33 or 22. Its either T9 or you win, and i think you usually win.

private joker
08-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Raising is terrible.

sthief09 has a theory about raising the river. Our opponents like to check and call their decent hands. If they bet the river, they either have a very good hand or a pretty bad one. Now ask yourself what good raising does in either situation. Do you still want to raise?

New001
08-09-2005, 01:28 AM
They're often not folding the pretty bad ones though. I still don't think I raise here.

baronzeus
08-09-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising is terrible.

sthief09 has a theory about raising the river. Our opponents like to check and call their decent hands. If they bet the river, they either have a very good hand or a pretty bad one. Now ask yourself what good raising does in either situation. Do you still want to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

They also bet with Tx here.

goofball
08-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I've noticed this a fair amount in this game lately. Betting out on the river with a hand that's marginal. I'ts not a bad move unless overdone, i.e. when you are going to checkcall you may as well bet. The thing is though, we have to be able to punish that move when we can.

I think I should have raised because this is just that kind of situation. I'm ahead of every single hand which takes the above line.