PDA

View Full Version : Long Kiss Goodnight

G Baade
08-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I thought I did all I could, considering the circumstances. Let me know what you think.

Long Kiss Goodnight Tourney on Pokerroom
Blinds are 150/300
Villian in EP has around 4300ish
I have 2100ish in MP

I had been card dead the entire tourney and had not played alot of hands. Villian was the 2nd biggest stack at table and had raised from that spot 3 times.

Villian raises to 650. I put her on a range of KQ KJ QQ QJ JJ. I have 10 10, this is the best hand I have seen the whole time so I call. My thinking was along the lines of A) Flop a set and be golden, B)If an Ace or another scary flop comes I go in with my remaining 1450.

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif

She bets 650 again and I instantly go all in. If she folds she has about 2400 left. Her bar thingy/timer clicks all the way down and she calls. What do you think of my play?

Benholio
08-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Is there something about Villain's bet size that makes you discount Ax from her holdings? That is a very specific range of hands you are putting her on. What would she do with AK here? AJ? A4s? 99? 88? 33? Would she not raise to 650 with any of these hands?

G Baade
08-09-2005, 12:51 AM
I have played with her a few times and she would definitely make a larger raise with more premium holdings.

Benholio
08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Her raise can't get much smaller, can it? 600 is a minimum raise here. So you have a read that she will minraise with premium hands, and barely over a minraise with less premium stuff? Also, do any AT, AJ type hands or low pairs fall into the less premium area?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just have a hard time accepting the tight ranges some people quote without the aid of live tells or anything.

G Baade
08-09-2005, 01:18 AM
I should have put larger raise with premium holdings. Anyway, I dont think she does this in early position with Ace rag. And if she does then she might be in fear of her kicker. I just put a range of hands up by previous dealings with her. She could have KK QQ sure. But that Ace is scary when it hits and so are the 4 to a flush.

Like I said. I hadn't played hardly any hands at all. She most certainly knows when I call her raise that I have a real hand.

I think I put her to the test and told her she made a great call afterwards.