PDA

View Full Version : STEP 5- Keep the Bubble Alive?

Jman28
08-08-2005, 11:51 PM
The villain has been pushing a lot. I believe his range here is approximately 22+, A2+, K2+, Q7+, J9+, T9

That makes me ~55.7% to win. I could be way off about his range, but I think it's close enough.

However, I just got the big stack. We are on the bubble, and my image is tight. (meaning that I don't play many hands, not tight like cool, which it also is)

Should I try and bust this MF'er or should I fold and keep the bubble going so I can steal?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3750)
BB (t1875)
UTG (t1770)
MP (t1050)
Button (t1555)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666"> 2 folds, </font> <font color="brown">Button is All-in (t1555) </font>, Hero ?

Paul Thomson
08-08-2005, 11:57 PM
yeah. i let it slide. like you say, it's good to keep the bubble alive, but more importantly, i think you'll be lucky if you're slightly ahead, you could easily be way behind. I'd probably call with PP of 9's or better.

keep the post comings. i'm loving them. gl.

Myst
08-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I would call, mainly for four reasons.

1) Given your range of hands you put your opponent on, you are a slight favorite.
2) A call and losing would not change your relative chip power by much. (3750-&gt;2500) given the huge blinds.
3) May scare your opposition into pushing into your blinds on future hands.
4) You got a chance to have a huge muthaf***in stack.

Thats just my quick and dirty analysis.

08-09-2005, 12:01 AM
bust the mf'er. you're a favorite to win the hand, and if you win you will be completely controlling the table. if you lose, you will still have the second largest stack at the table with room to maneuver.

i know the pay structure is shallower here, but you have a +ev scenario where the positives of winning the hand far outweight the negatives of losing the hand. time to go for the win.

psyduck
08-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Bust this moron and crack his A2s. Then the others will never ever think of pushing into you ever again.

Jman28
08-09-2005, 06:44 AM
I folded to keep the bubble alive.

I got 1st so clearly, I made the right play. Not sure why I even posted it.

lastchance
08-09-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I folded to keep the bubble alive.

I got 1st so clearly, I made the right play. Not sure why I even posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Step 5 bubble is way worse than a bubble in a normal SNG?