PDA

View Full Version : New Poker Prophecy warning from Party Poker

MissE
08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
FYI,I uninstalled the software and have only been using the web based search.

Dear E,

We are committed to detecting and preventing prohibited software programs** which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such a program/website, namely Poker Prophecy. Please note that Partypoker.comýs Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs/websites in conjunction with our client, therefore we request that you immediately stop using the program/website.

In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs/websites we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account may be deemed forfeited.

Request you to see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,

Ethan Bolitar,
Investigations Team,
alerts@partypoker.com

** In this message, we have used the term ýprogramý in the functional senseýi.e., since the term is used in connection with defining a particular class of things (that we wish to forbid the use of by players while playing on PartyPoker) based on their function rather than on any other attributeýfor instance, based on whether they are formally classified as ýsoftwareý or not. Thus our use of the term program should be construed as broadly as possibleýto include (i) down-loadable programs (whether downloaded from a portable storage medium) or transfer via network connection (e.g., the Internet); and (ii) non-downloadable programs (not resident completely on the playerýs computer but accessed via e.g., the Internet).

CaptSensible
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
This is getting ridiculous. The software thing is one thing but not being able to look at a website while playing poker?

MissE
08-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I emailed Prophecy and they said it might have something to do with the fact that I paste the results into notes. I know Party has the ability to scan your hard drive if they want to but it freaks me out that they might read my notes!

ChoicestHops
08-09-2005, 12:55 AM
They could have scanned your cookies and temp internet folder.

Lori
08-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Why would you still use it when you have been told not to?

Lori

MissE
08-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Why do you care? I realise you aren't a big fan of PP but the fact remains that other people still use it. This was just a simple public service announcement.

Lori
08-09-2005, 01:05 AM
How about you break the rules somewhere else.

I don't think 2+2 is here to help people work their way around poker sites terms and conditions.

You should not be using poker prophecy, and anyone who does runs the risk of having their money taken from them.

Anyone using it has an unfair edge of those of us who do not cheat, and therefore I care a lot about you trying to cheat me at the tables.

Go do your thieving somewhere else.

Lori

djj6835
08-09-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about you break the rules somewhere else.

I don't think 2+2 is here to help people work their way around poker sites terms and conditions.

You should not be using poker prophecy, and anyone who does runs the risk of having their money taken from them.

Anyone using it has an unfair edge of those of us who do not cheat, and therefore I care a lot about you trying to cheat me at the tables.

Go do your thieving somewhere else.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the OP was asking for help "breaking the rules". He was just issuing a warning to others that they can flag your account for merely being at the website.

edit: As a sidenote, I have used the web search just out of curiousity. I've used it to check my stats and some of my friends' stats. I hardly feel as if I deserve to have my account flagged or frozen for this if party caught me using it.

MissE
08-09-2005, 01:17 AM
lol, how is my post telling people to NOT use PP helping them break terms? If you seriously think its cheating you should be happy they are cracking down.

Lori
08-09-2005, 01:21 AM
You were indirectly asking if not pasting the results into notes would get help you to get around the detection.

If this was not your intention, then I apologize, but it appeared to be a thread aimed at cirumventing their security.

You are correct. People should not use this program. By definition it is cheating as it is against the T+C. I would use it myself if it wasn't. (If it worked better might be another factor, but that's a different argument, and one that is now irrelevant)

Lori

tshort
08-09-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who use Poker Prophecy have an unfair advantage over you? Are you good?

Those people using Poker Prophecy will give you more respect, which certainly helps when you're pushing into them.

Lori
08-09-2005, 01:30 AM
It doesn't help when they bust fish quicker than I would bust the fish.
That's where their advantage comes from.

Edit: Don't assume I make the Party T+C please. I would allow Prophecy if I was the rule-writer, but I can utterly understand why they don't.

Lori

MissE
08-09-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You were indirectly asking if not pasting the results into notes would get help you to get around the detection.

If this was not your intention, then I apologize, but it appeared to be a thread aimed at cirumventing their security.

You are correct. People should not use this program. By definition it is cheating as it is against the T+C. I would use it myself if it wasn't. (If it worked better might be another factor, but that's a different argument, and one that is now irrelevant)

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously this much of a teachers pet? I was't indirectly asking anything. I was DIRECTLY telling people the facts. Im sure most people will choose not to use it now.

Lori
08-09-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you seriously this much of a teachers pet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have explained why people who use it are cheating me out of money.

Feel free to accept my apology, or my explanation of why you are cheating me out of money as appropriate.
There is no need to tell me which you chose, just choose whichever one suits you best.

Lori

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(If it worked better might be another factor, but that's a different argument, and one that is now irrelevant)
Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

You state the above AFTER stating:

"Anyone using it has an unfair edge of those of us who do not cheat, and therefore I care a lot about you trying to cheat me at the tables.
Go do your thieving somewhere else."

You've just lost ALL credibility.

MAN, people that are full of [censored] AND pious really annoy me.

bawcerelli
08-09-2005, 02:17 AM
careful captsensible, by pointing out her errors she's probably going to complain you're breaking the T&C of 2+2.

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you care to explain why?

I have no problem with a heated debate. I have a big problem with an unwarranted attack.

I stated that if it was allowed, I would use it. I then stated that because it is not allowed, I won't.
What is wrong with that?

Lori

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
careful captsensible, by pointing out her errors she's probably going to complain you're breaking the T&C of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi retard.

The other retard wouldn't answer my post. How about you point out what I said that didn't make sense.

I am aware that since the airing of WPT we have people on the forums that don't understand anything at all, and would be happy to talk down to your level if it would make it easier for you.

Lori

The Yugoslavian
08-09-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi retard.

The other retard wouldn't answer my post. How about you point out what I said that didn't make sense.

I am aware that since the airing of WPT we have people on the forums that don't understand anything at all, and would be happy to talk down to your level if it would make it easier for you.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored]!

Easily POTD.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you care to explain why?

I have no problem with a heated debate. I have a big problem with an unwarranted attack.

I stated that if it was allowed, I would use it. I then stated that because it is not allowed, I won't.
What is wrong with that?

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll use the infamous flip/flop cliche. You seem like your flip flopping all over the place. Look at my post. It's all there.

You came on quite strong in your posts. Using words like "cheating", "thievery" and the like. Your tone was VERY accusatory and condescending. You THEN go on to say that if Poker Prophecy were more accurate you might use it.

I don't know. maybe it's me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi retard.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Retard? I'm sorry but it's mentally challenged, Thank you very much.

TiltHappens
08-09-2005, 02:34 AM
Laptop Computer: $1500.00
Internet Connection: $50.00
Poker Prophecy: $19.99

Discovering that "Lori"nda is a small time $30 player even though she talks big game on the board..... PRICELESS.

There are some things that money can't buy. For everything else, there's Poker Prophecy.

---------------------------
Player lorinda
Games played 315
Wins 129 (40.95%)
Losses 186 (59.05%)
Average Buy-In $31.56
Players with better winning percentage 137636
Players with worse winning percentage 493187
$50 Table: 12 wins / 13 losses / 48% wins
$30 Table: 116 wins / 173 losses / 40.14% wins
$20 Table: 1 wins / 0 losses / 100% wins

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You THEN go on to say that if Poker Prophecy were more accurate you might use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please quote the entire line.

I said that if it wasn't cheating AND if it were more accurate I would use it.

If it was not cheating, and I chose not to use it, then that would be entirely because I wouldn't pay for a product that were not accurate, because it would encourage similar shabby products.
At that point however , any disadvantage I found myself at would be my own choice.

My tone is very accusatory because anyone using the program is cheating.
Anyone in this thread who is using the program is _knowingly_ cheating (at least they are now /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Hope this clears it up for you.

Lori

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:38 AM
I have never hidden the levels I play at from the forum.

There is a post lying around somewhere titled "My first 100 $55 SNGs" or something like that.

Lori

gamboooool
08-09-2005, 02:42 AM
well, lori's response to you doesn't explicitly say this, so i thought i'd translate it for you:

you couldn't be a stupider douchebag if you tried.

g

TiltHappens
08-09-2005, 02:45 AM
I may be a stupid douchebag, at least I don't use the word "stupider".

Thanks for your input, pencil dick.

The Yugoslavian
08-09-2005, 02:45 AM
This thread is already amazingly great due exclusively to Lori dishing out some major Zingage.

To all you suckas out there here is something to hopefully ease the pain:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/EE42FE1A301F45C19540A7E08CA7B527.jpg

Mmmmmmm

Yugoslav

ChoicestHops
08-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Great pic. End of thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Did you just Action-bluff this entire thread? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lori

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you just Action-bluff this entire thread? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori, you have pep. I like that in a gal.

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is already amazingly great due exclusively to Lori dishing out some major Zingage.

To all you suckas out there here is something to hopefully ease the pain:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/EE42FE1A301F45C19540A7E08CA7B527.jpg

Mmmmmmm

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh to no end every time Yugo throws up cheesecake. Constant joy.

OP: "My family died in a car accident"
YUGO: "hey man, I feel ya, Here's this to cheer you up"