PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this flop?

cleinen
08-08-2005, 09:18 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2501797340 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:14669223 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Monday, August 08, 21:15:09 EDT 2005
Table Table 13865 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: DanYuLSun113 ( $785 )
Seat 2: Yankfan28 ( $1755 )
Seat 3: eaglefan68 ( $675 )
Seat 4: mgavin43 ( $725 )
Seat 5: MDL458 ( $815 )
Seat 8: J882828 ( $725 )
Seat 10: deucyiswild ( $775 )
Seat 9: scrouse ( $880 )
Seat 7: hero ( $865 )
Trny:14669223 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Qc Kh ]
eaglefan68 folds.
mgavin43 folds.
MDL458 folds.
hero calls [15].
J882828 folds.
scrouse folds.
deucyiswild calls [15].
DanYuLSun113 calls [5].
Yankfan28 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, Ad, Kd ]
DanYuLSun113 checks.
Yankfan28 checks.
>You have options at Table 13802 Table!.
hero bets [45].
deucyiswild calls [45].
DanYuLSun113 folds.
Yankfan28 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
hero bets [75].
deucyiswild calls [75].
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
hero bets [250].
deucyiswild calls [250].

11t
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
A lot slower than you do.

Nottom
08-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Your bets are too big IMO. The river bet just seems nuts, but I'm sure he called with something you beat.

willperkins
08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
To begin with, I would not have been in this pot. I would have folded KQo from early positon in the first level of play.

But lets say for arguments sake that I did as you did and limped in.

With that flop, I would have have led out with a bet of about t30 into the t55 pot. I fold to any raise and I check fold to any bet on the turn.

I am not about to involve anymore of my chips in level 1 with these cards and that board.

SlackerMcFly
08-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Your "probe" bet of t45 that was called on the flop should give you an indication of his willingness to play.

He only called so he has a made hand (any K or perhaps 88+) or a draw like QT. Doubtful that he has an ace, but it's possible.

Since the turn misses you, it's either push hard or check. Pushing represents the Ace or AK to him (if he has it, then you are toast). If not, he will fold the TT and you win the pot. His push to your check is a fold by you IMHO here.

A t75 bet on the turn begs for a call. Be careful what you wish for. Since you only asked for advice on the flop, I won't go further.

Happy cards to you! Slacker

08-08-2005, 11:13 PM
dude. its early, your hand is weak, he called your flop bet. its not a reflection of your penis to check the turn and river.

Oluwafemi
08-08-2005, 11:49 PM
i would've raised pf 40-45. if it's the same two players in the hand calling, and they check the flop, i would then bet the pot 120-135. i'm looking to be shown strength via your Ace x or A K as early as possible. if your flop bet is called, that may tell you that you're up against a bigger hand--- more power to 'em.

tigerite
08-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Raise preflop from one after EP? With KQo? Christ, I'm aggressive, but this is taking it too far.

psyduck
08-09-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To begin with, I would not have been in this pot. I would have folded KQo from early positon in the first level of play.

But lets say for arguments sake that I did as you did and limped in.

With that flop, I would have have led out with a bet of about t30 into the t55 pot. I fold to any raise and I check fold to any bet on the turn.

I am not about to involve anymore of my chips in level 1 with these cards and that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

lastchance
08-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Hero is in MP, not EP. 3 off the button isn't terrible position. Certainly ok to play KQo here, at least in my opinion, though folding is good.

I guess I normally fold here, but limping is fine, raising could work here.

tigerite
08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
One off EP - he's only just in MP, that's what I meant

lastchance
08-09-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One off EP - he's only just in MP, that's what I meant

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, yeah. I guess folding is correct here, unless single-tabling with good reads, which allows you to play a bunch more hands postflop.

Maulik
08-09-2005, 07:59 AM
bet the flop, check the turn. drop a river bet if no /images/graemlins/diamond.gif falls; only 1/2 pot, fold to any further action.

mcpherzen
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Everyone is suggesting to play this hand very conservatively, and I think that is all fine. It's certainly the way you would "learn" how to play this situation if you got all your strategy advice directly from these forums...folding KQ pre-flop in level 1 and checking the turn if you get called on the flop would definitely be "by the book" in 2+2 SNG-land. However, if you look a little deeper, there is a good opportunity to get chips here.

Consider these 4 things:
1. This is an unraised pot.
2. Your key opponent is on the button.
3. Two aces hit the board on the flop.
4. This is a $22 SNG.

All these facts point VERY strongly to the likelihood that trip-aces is NOT out against you. And if that is truly the case, your KQ is looking like the holy nuts on that flop (save the flush-draw).

I like the small bet by the hero on the flop to see how all your opponents react to it. Keeping this bet small is key. You want an opponent who does have trip-Aces to raise here so you can confidently make a good fold without much investment. Since the board already has a diamond flush draw on it, you'd expect trip-Aces to raise to protect their hand. But also, when you bet small, you're hoping to induce a raise from a trip-Aces hand because that opponent won't want to win a tiny little pot with such a monster holding.

So when nobody pops you on the flop, it is HIGHLY likely you have the best hand. I'd put the button on the diamond-draw, a weaker King, an underpair, and maybe even an inside-straight Broadway draw. If you've convinced him you don't have the Ace (and why would you since you limped pre-flop and two aces came on the flop??), those type of hands from a weak player will probably pay you off.

When the flush doesn't get there on the turn, I'd make a nice-sized value bet, that also makes his drawing at the flush on the river incorrect. In your case, I'd bet about $125 into the $150 pot. This is your best opportunity to make some money on this hand, since $22 fish have a very hard time releasing a flush draw.

On the river, I'd check whether the flush got there or not. If it got there, you'll need to fold to a huge bet but could probably call down a small one. If the flush didn't get there and your opponent WAS drawing at it, checking allows him an opportunity to bluff with his busted flush-draw. I'll call just about any bet by my opponent here.

So...that's my line with this hand. Will I occassionally get my lame opponent's A-2off shoved up my ass? Of course. But I think the line is very +EV for all the times my opponent just can't get away from K9, 77, QT, or the flush draw.

--Zen

microbet
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Very nice analysis, but on the river does your opponent have a greater need to bluff or need to call. I think the need to call is one of those psychological imperatives or something.

mcpherzen
08-09-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice analysis, but on the river does your opponent have a greater need to bluff or need to call. I think the need to call is one of those psychological imperatives or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

The need to call is great my friend, don't get me wrong, but even it has it's limitations. The busted 7d6d flush draw can't call on the end, but it certainly can bluff. On the other hand, when you check on the river, your opponent will instantly put you on the busted draw/fear of the Ace and attempt to value bet his 99.

--Z